Constitutional Carry, but no, it really isn't.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    It would be nice of they added wording that would allow an Indiana resident to buy a gun without a background check by showing the LTCH like many other states do. If they have a LTCH they are likely qualified to buy a gun. It would keep a person from getting delayed and then having to come back when the transaction clears.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It would be nice of they added wording that would allow an Indiana resident to buy a gun without a background check by showing the LTCH like many other states do. If they have a LTCH they are likely qualified to buy a gun. It would keep a person from getting delayed and then having to come back when the transaction clears.
    That is now on the BATFE to get their heads out of their areses and realize our 5 year LTCH meets the requirements. I'm not holding my breath, I keep turning blue and passing out.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    Please, guys, again, it does not matter if the king is pleased or not:

1. Indiana does not have pocket veto. Bills passed by both houses become law regardless of signature.

2. In Indiana a veto is symbolic and meaningless. It takes a majority, not 2/3rds to override a veto in Indiana.

I am sorry for the continual restatements of these points but it is imperative that we all are dealing with reality for this. Thank you.
    I am not sure I understand your comments in point 1. I did a quick search and what I found seems to contradict your statement? What am I missing?
    Below are 2 links
    "Enrolled acts signed by the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempore are sent to the Office of the Lt. Governor for signature, are then returned to the Office of the Secretary of the Senate (for Senate Enrolled Acts) or the Clerk of the House of Representatives (for House Enrolled Acts), and then go to the Office of the Governor. From there, the Governor reviews all legislation and has seven days to sign or veto the bill. If he does not sign it, it automatically becomes law on the eighth day after receipt."

"The GOP-controlled Indiana House has voted to override Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb’s veto of a controversial landlord-tenant bill, allowing the measure to become law."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am not sure I understand your comments in point 1. I did a quick search and what I found seems to contradict your statement? What am I missing?
    Below are 2 links
    "Enrolled acts signed by the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempore are sent to the Office of the Lt. Governor for signature, are then returned to the Office of the Secretary of the Senate (for Senate Enrolled Acts) or the Clerk of the House of Representatives (for House Enrolled Acts), and then go to the Office of the Governor. From there, the Governor reviews all legislation and has seven days to sign or veto the bill. If he does not sign it, it automatically becomes law on the eighth day after receipt."

"The GOP-controlled Indiana House has voted to override Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb’s veto of a controversial landlord-tenant bill, allowing the measure to become law."

What you found confirms my accurate statement.

1. Indiana has no pocket veto. A bill passed by both chambers becomes law with, or without, the Governor's signature.

There is no pocket veto in Indiana.

Pocket veto: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_veto

2. The veto power of the Governor of Indiana is largely meaningless as a majority and only a majority is necessary to override a veto, NOT 2/3s as in the federal Congress as per the United States Constitution.

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    What you found confirms my accurate statement.

1. Indiana has no pocket veto. A bill passed by both chambers becomes law with, or without, the Governor's signature.

There is no pocket veto in Indiana.

Pocket veto: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_veto

2. The veto power of the Governor of Indiana is largely meaningless as a majority and only a majority is necessary to override a veto, NOT 2/3s as in the federal Congress as per the United States Constitution.
    Agreed on Pocket veto. Where I was confused was your statement "Bills passed by both houses become law regardless of signature." That was misleading to me because the Governor can veto a bill, and it will only become law if the House and Senate pick it back up and vote on it again. If they do, then yes, it takes a majority not 2/3rds. According to an article I just read, that override has happened once in the last 4 years.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The FB wars are heating up again. Apparently Guy commented on his radio show that Biden's proposals are probably Constitutional so Hoosier Gun Rights takes that as Guy supporting them.

Top Bottom