• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    What local gun stores do consignment sales? What is a reasonable fee? Considering trying Gun Broker as have seen good comments currently and sold there decades ago with good results.

If I remember correctly Bare Arms in Noblesville charges 18% for cash sales and 21% for credit card sales but has a $50 minimum commission. Sold a couple guns there for good prices and they sold a vest for me that even with a $50 commission I was pleased with the results!

Marksmen Shooting Sports in Westfield does not do consignment sales.

Indy Gun Club does consignment sales but I do not know the fee structure.

djeinpoco

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Michiana Shores
    What local gun stores do consignment sales? What is a reasonable fee? Considering trying Gun Broker as have seen good comments currently and sold there decades ago with good results.

If I remember correctly Bare Arms in Noblesville charges 18% for cash sales and 21% for credit card sales but has a $50 minimum commission. Sold a couple guns there for good prices and they sold a vest for me that even with a $50 commission I was pleased with the results!

I've useed GB and it usually gets a high sales price for me. It takes good photos and good ad copywriting skills to get the job done right. That ain't as easy as it might seem. It takes skill, time and effort.

Buyer pays shipping, you pay gunbroker typical auction fees. Not bad if you have the time and patience.

Consignment ain't a bad alternative. Way easier and legally safer

Mauser Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 11, 2020
    Fishers
    I use Beech Grove Firearm's for my consignment sales (the fee is 15%). Hoosier Armory is a bit more at 18%, but they take a pic of your gun and put it on their website which gets pulled into a lot of these search engine sites like gun.deals. I sold my Vepr Pioneer in 223 and sold within a month.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I used SNS in plainfield to sell a rifle a few years ago. They charged 10% of selling price. Don't know about their fee structure any more.

texas123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frankfort

You may try Badger Creek Firearms in Mooresville. Great bunch of guys. Ask for Mike the owner.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I personally use gunbroker. I have a couple higher end guns I keep mulling over if I really want to let them go.
    Been on the fence awhile now.

Just not sure the market for them is here in IN. Would rather have a National audience.

At least with GB you're getting all the money less GB fees.
    Just state in your ad "Make sure your FFL will accept from a private individual, if not add an additional $20 dollars for FFL transfer fee."
    I have only one time with a rifle had that happen where my buyer's FFL would not accept from an individual.
    I'm talking rifles. With rifles, I do include a photocopy of my drivers license.
    Handguns, I take to USDS to ship, they charge a $20 dollar transfer + shipping.
    Works out to be about $35 to ship a handgun, which on GB I charge $40 to ship a handgun, and $60 for a rifle.

I would not attempt GB unless you have some feedback on there.
    People are very hesitant to buy something expensive from someone with little or no feedback.
    I specify in my auctions that you must have at least 5 feedbacks to even bid on my items, too many scammers and flakes.

Top Bottom