• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I wear bibs kinda out of necessity. I'm in the building trades and sometimes my work has me in places that physics say I shouldn't fit. Anywhere I can eliminate snag points ( belts, bootlaces, loose fitting clothing, ect), is a big benefit. Now factor in that I'm going to have my CC with me at all times, it kind of puts me into a pocket carry with kydex to protect that trigger in those tight spots.

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Do you wear bibs for work as a preference or are bibs just a standard or requirement for the job? Just curious.

I use bibs in the winter (snow days only) and I have a Kenai Chest Holster as linked above. Kydex for a G20 and SW TRR8. It fits under the bib just fine but I would not want to carry that everyday all day. I use the Kenai holster while working on my property year round but prefer to wear pants and shirt over bibs.
    I used to wear Carhart pants but I would have to wear suspenders the hold my pants up because I have no ass and carrying keys radios pager and two phones I struggle keeping my pants up they supply uniforms and I always love to wear bibs so that’s what I switch to very very comfortable Carhart brand is expensive but they are the best

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    As I wear bibs at work everyday and carry after work. Bibs are a struggle sometimes as I’m not a fan of open carry. this is my set up with JM4 tactical with either a 365 or Kimber micro nine just wondering if anybody else carries with bibs and how they do it besides a Derringer in the front pocket which I carry a lot of times View attachment 168356
    Looks like we have another contestant for stud muffin of the month :D

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I knew an older farmer in Sheridan that carried exactly how OP is in the photo honestly. No one cared TBH
    If it was Chuck, he had always carried in a pocket, but wanted something different. He had seen some of my kydex/leather hybrids around, so I gave him one and he fooled around with it a bit and just had the clips showing, wearing on his chest clipped to his bibs. He then stared making leather holsters, which was much more his style than kydex.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm late to this thread and don't have anything of value to offer. But I'm impressed the OP can pull off wearing the Hey Dudes with bibs

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As I wear bibs at work everyday and carry after work. Bibs are a struggle sometimes as I’m not a fan of open carry. this is my set up with JM4 tactical with either a 365 or Kimber micro nine just wondering if anybody else carries with bibs and how they do it besides a Derringer in the front pocket which I carry a lot of times View attachment 168356
    All great ideas but what if I want to carry my G29 or 1911 without jacket on. I do like the sow in pocket idea could be a good horizontal draw

Two thoughts, if you are still looking for ideas?

- First, you could toss a loose fitting button up collored shirt over the top of those bibs to cover a lot. Shirt tail would cover enough to make it look like just jeans under? Make sure it's loose enough to pull up and clear for your draw.

- Second, you might be surprised what you can get in a big front pocket. I just accidentally ran into a unique carry situation for evenings around the house. I holstered my G45, with x300 and 509T and found that the Bravo Concealment holster along with contents fit in my Duluth sweat shorts pocket. It prints and the grip just shows a tiny bit, but if I wanted it covered, I could toss a t-shirt or anything with longer tail over it.

My draw is not competition fast coming out of the pocket. However, more importantly every single draw the holster stays in the pocket. The holster wasn't built as a pocket holster, it just happens to work perfectly for that. Note - Have to be safe; re-holstering is a careful two hand job, outside of the pocket.

20220625_225910.jpg 20220625_230111.jpg

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two thoughts, if you are still looking for ideas?

- First, you could toss a loose fitting button up collored shirt over the top of those bibs to cover a lot. Shirt tail would cover enough to make it look like just jeans under? Make sure it's loose enough to pull up and clear for your draw.

- Second, you might be surprised what you can get in a big front pocket. I just accidentally ran into a unique carry situation for evenings around the house. I holstered my G45, with x300 and 509T and found that the Bravo Concealment holster along with contents fit in my Duluth sweat shorts pocket. It prints and the grip just shows a tiny bit, but if I wanted it covered, I could toss a t-shirt or anything with longer tail over it.

My draw is not competition fast coming out of the pocket. However, more importantly every single draw the holster stays in the pocket. The holster wasn't built as a pocket holster, it just happens to work perfectly for that. Note - Have to be safe; re-holstering is a careful two hand job, outside of the pocket.

View attachment 208111 View attachment 208112
    That's actually shaped a lot like a Kydex pocket holster.

Top Bottom