• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    As I wear bibs at work everyday and carry after work. Bibs are a struggle sometimes as I’m not a fan of open carry. this is my set up with JM4 tactical with either a 365 or Kimber micro nine just wondering if anybody else carries with bibs and how they do it besides a Derringer in the front pocket which I carry a lot of times 29578357-41E8-4958-B666-811B56A56270.jpeg

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have a few different pairs, p365 with trigger guard works well in the front pocket. Just bought a alien gear lo pro belly band that I will try out this weekend, I am very optimistic that this will end up being a great way to carry.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a few different pairs, p365 with trigger guard works well in the front pocket. Just bought a alien gear lo pro belly band that I will try out this weekend, I am very optimistic that this will end up being a great way to carry.
    I would think a belly band would be fine for cool weather. What about when it gets hot out?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd take a look at SmartCarry if you don't want to do pocket carry. It looks like you'd have sufficient room to get a decent draw stroke without flagging yourself. There's other options, but that's probably the cleanest/simplest/cheapest.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Unlike many here I believe the good old Miami classic style shoulder holster is my preferred carry in winter weather with coat or heavy jacket. Great when in and out of the car often. Could work well here. Never tried it out

Always just gone j frame in pocket in carhart bibs. Nice big pockets.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Top pocket, either side, deep pockets, either side, but I use a shoulder holster with my Caharts. There is no tractor or barn at my house, so snow throwing the driveway is the only time I wear any type overalls.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    All great ideas but what if I want to carry my G29 or 1911 without jacket on. I do like the sow in pocket idea could be a good horizontal draw

Did you look at the Smartcarry I suggested up thread? I carried a gov't 1911 in one without getting made at work when I was doing IT.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I agree, the smart carry should work well with those bibs. I sometimes use one at church with a 4" 1911.

I think it would be a whole lot more comfortable and a lot easier draw in the bibs.

I have a buddy that stuffs a 357 TROOPER straight down from the top, behind the bib. I can't tell you what he uses for a holster.

As a side note. Any of you righty's out there that wear a Carhart hooded coat can comfortabley stick a service model XD in that inside left chest pocket.

They stay put unless you do cartwheels. (whoever heard of doing those in Carharts any way) Y ou can pull the zipper down just below the grip for shopping. Keeps the gun hidden and makes for an easy, quick draw.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I wear bibs and have my cc with me daily. It's a simple kydex pocket holster a fellow member made me.
    I retire soon and plan to continue wearing bibs on a daily basis, and would like to find a custom kydex holster maker that could design one to hook to the inside of the chest panel and offer a horizontal draw.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I wear bibs daily…. Always have my Bond Arms derringer in a front pocket. Have a folded over pc of leather to stick in a pocket if I decide to carry my Detective special…..

Last edited:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Do you wear bibs for work as a preference or are bibs just a standard or requirement for the job? Just curious.

I use bibs in the winter (snow days only) and I have a Kenai Chest Holster as linked above. Kydex for a G20 and SW TRR8. It fits under the bib just fine but I would not want to carry that everyday all day. I use the Kenai holster while working on my property year round but prefer to wear pants and shirt over bibs.

Top Bottom