• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Just found another possible fix. Log that user out of ALL instances of facebook, including the app on mobile if logged in there on other devices.

Then log back in so that facebook will update info.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Try logging off of one and logging in as the other person. See if the same results load for the exact same search. Make sure the two searches are exact, including case sensitive.

If the results are the same its the computer. If the results stay different its the account.

To be clear, I want the same person logged into both PCs at the same time.

EDIT: I was backwards. the computer/browser/plugin would cause the results to be different with the same person logged in.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I posted about this issue to my friends on Facebook, and one friend said she has the same issue. Maybe there is a Facebook help forum?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Try logging off of one and logging in as the other person. See if the same results load for the exact same search. Make sure the two searches are exact, including case sensitive.

If the results are the same its the computer. If the results stay different its the account.

To be clear, I want the same person logged into both PCs at the same time.

EDIT: I was backwards. the computer/browser/plugin would cause the results to be different with the same person logged in.
    OK, it's definitely her account. I logged on to her computer in my name, and everything was fine. Lots and lots of local stuff to look at.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But the symptoms are inconsistent, one system on the same network works.
    True, but was thinking maybe one was logged in via VPN and the other wasn't. I get weird results when I'm looking for a restaurant to order from when I'm using my VPN. Gives me restaurants in Chicago or NY, etc., depending on which server it's using.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Have you tried expanding the search radius, making a search and then shrinking it back? Might just need to force a change of location temporarily.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They also heavily tailor stuff based on demographics. The fact that she is older, likes/follows different people, etc. may be enough to change the search results. I wouldnt EXPECT it to, but I would understand if it did so.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK, it does seem to be based on the algorithm. She said she browses Marketplace but never clicks on anything. I told her to start clicking on the types of things she wants to see more of that are local. That seems to be the thing that will eventually work.

Thanks, guys. Well, maybe not all of you, but those who offered suggestions. :whistle:

Top Bottom