• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwright2882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2019
    Greenwood
    That was really helpful. Thanks Dave, I'm sure it would have taken me hours or days to get to the same point trying to find and interpret the rules on my own. I think I'll give this a try.

SEH0521

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jun 18, 2020
    Jackson County
    Training with a Grandmaster is a one on one class that I offer to anyone wanting to start USPSA type competition or anyone wanting to learn from a Grand Master how to improve their game. I can help new shooters and I have helped Master class shooters. I give class almost any
    day of the week except Sundays. I keep the cost really low just to help shooters. $100 for a 4 hr. class at South Central Gun Club.

sv40sw45 - Are you still available for this type of training? I know this is a 6+ yr old post - I have read all 13 pages of this string and intend on shooting in competitions this year 2020. Thanks!

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    Thanks Dave. This is just what I needed. Wife won’t be happy that I need a 4th holster for the same gun. I’ll just tell her Dave said I need to buy a new one. Lol.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Any major rule changes since the initial post? But as most of mine are 380, sounds like I’m not welcome.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Coach let some .380s shoot in his Carry Gun matches at Parabellum. Allen would probably let you shoot the low-light ones there with it. The other “outlaw” matches like Friday Night Steel and Action Pistol at Tim’s might let you shoot a .380 for no score, but yeah, it’s 9mm and up or .22LR to play at these.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    IDPA allows AIWB holsters as of 2022!

Holsters

All USPSA, IDPA, and multigun matches require a holster that safely retains the gun and covers the trigger guard. What we’re talking about is a strong/dominant side belt or IWB holster. Leave your cross draw, appendix, small of the back (SOB), and shoulder holsters at home. Thigh holsters are only allowed (1) if you’re a LEO or military and shooting from your duty rig (if you don’t know what that means, it doesn’t apply to you – keep on reading), or (2) if you’re shooting a multigun match.

Friday Night Steel matches do not require a holster at this time. If you do have one, it is only used to transport the gun to the firing line and to hold the gun between your turns to shoot. Holsters used at Friday Night Steel should follow the same rules as those used in any other shooting sport.

Let’s cover holsters by sanctioning body.

USPSA
    Open, Limited, Limited 10, and Revolver allow what are known as race holsters. These are cut-down, minimalist holsters that do what the rules specify and not much more. Examples include Safariland models 009, 010, 011, 012, 113; CR/Speed WSM; Bianchi’s Hemisphere; and Amadini’s Ghost. While there isn’t much to them, they are, however, very adjustable. If you’re getting started, this is way more than I think you need.​
    Kydex or plastic belt holsters from makers like Blade-Tech, Uncle Mike’s, Kytac, Raven, Shark Tac, and Blackhawk are allowable in all USPSA divisions and required specifically in 1911 Single Stack and Production divisions.​
    Some people ask if inside the waistband (IWB) holsters are allowed? Yes, they are so long as you can wear it on your strong side from your hip forward.​
    Thigh holsters? Only if you’re an LEO shooting your duty rig.​
    IDPA
    The spirit of IDPA’s holsters rules is this – if you would wear it for daily concealed or open carry for defensive purposes, you’re probably ok. I say probably because there are some things that just are not allowed for safety reason (not necessarily yours, mind you, but rather for other shooters and the Safety Officer/timer). Holsters that are not allowed include shoulder, small of the back (SOB), appendix, and cross-draw holsters.
    If you want the details check out pages 29-36 of the IDPA rulebook. But, here’s a quick and dirty guideline – if it’s intended as a concealed carry holster and you can’t see daylight between the holster and belt, you’re probably ok. Just don’t walk up to the line with your Glock in a C/R Speed WSM holster (although, I think that would be HILARIOUS).​
    Steel
    These matches, when they have holster rules, follow USPSA or IDPA rules.​

IDPA allows AIWB holsters as of 2022!

Top Bottom