Come join us! New Volunteers are always welcome!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What's the deal with these so-called "volunteers" I hear they aren't even paid!?

Also what is exactly are you looking for? And where? I might be interested.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Revere's Riders is a 100% volunteer-based non-profit organization. Revere’s Riders is a 501C3 non-profit, affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program, National Rifle Association, and NV Firearms Coalition. We have over a hundred volunteers across the nation who actively promote traditional marksmanship, American history, and civic engagement.

If you've ever attended one of our training events you will have seen many volunteers in action from the student's perspective but there's loads of work that must go on behind the scenes to keep an organization running. We have a Board of Directors, President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer that keep us moving in a forward direction.

We can utilize volunteers to help with event set up and support (parking assistance, paperwork, posting targets, even loading staplers can be a huge help!), first aid, history story tellers, photographing events for social media, website support, accounting support, marketing support, hosting of events at private ranges, and much more. At the upcoming NRA-AM we will be helping to staff their Youth Day activities which was a lot of fun last time!

A typical year in Indiana we will have 18-20 days of shooting events that need between 4 and 12 volunteers each to provide a safe and fun experience for our students. We have conducted events in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, Utah, and now Wyoming. Our classes include Basic Pistol, Defensive Pistol (2 levels), Basic Rifle, Field Rifle (Known Distance, Unknown Distance), and Carbine. We have Ladies Only as well as Youth events.

We conduct multiple memorial events in honor of Marty Brown, a founding member and instructor, to raise funds for Ovar'Coming Together which provides awareness and support services for Ovarian Cancer. In just the past 4 years we have raised $50k!

We train our volunteers for everything from Range Safety Officers to Instructors (pistol, rifle) to Event Directors. You do not need to be an expert marksman or a credentialed instructor to become one of our valuable assets!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Having been on the line, I can tell you its a worthy cause. Volunteer if you have the time. You'll have fun.

I would but this is my life right now:

iu

Hell, Ive only been to the range TWICE this year. Oy vey...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So I work an office job I sit at a computer all day I'd love giving this a shot but I'd want it to be an active role. Managing targets, range safety etc. Got room for this gun loving nerd?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    So I work an office job I sit at a computer all day I'd love giving this a shot but I'd want it to be an active role. Managing targets, range safety etc. Got room for this gun loving nerd?
    There is plenty off room for you as a RR volunteer. You can be as active as you choose, in whatever area you choose. Training will be provided. All that's required is to sign up, then show up.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I can recite the poem, "The midnight Ride of Paul Revere" by memory... is that a good credential for volunteering :naughty:
    You bet, a fair portion of our instruction includes American history!

We'll even tell you about the other two riders who arguably gave as much or more warning to the townspeople (including Samuel Adams & John Hancock), as well as the dangerous old men and women who stepped forward to protect their neighbors.

Our schools like to teach that the Revolutionary War was fought over "taxation without representation", but that's only a very small part. On April 19th, 1775 the People stood together for self-determination and liberty. It's what cut the colonies out of the wilderness, and what set America apart from every other form of government.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom