• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpiralTragedy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]As a Combat Focus Shooting Instructor you get the privilege of attending the annual Instructor Conference and it definitely was a privilege to be at the 2011 Conference in Fernley, NV. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The purpose of the conference is to go over program updates, to work toward advanced certifications, to share observations and to team teach. At first blush you might only see the obvious benefits to the individual instructor. However, Team Development is the true goal, to build an ever expanding core group of instructors who can deliver the best instruction available. Just as Combat Focus Shooting evolves with new information the team evolved through sharing ideas, learning about a new course offering, Introduction to Defensive Handguns and sweating through the first of what will probably become a tradition, the “Fit Shot” challenge. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Fit Shot was a team building activity that combined CrossFit principles with live fire on the range. It did not require a lot of equipment or set up. The objective was simple. Do the work. Get the hit. It was definitely one of those activities you appreciate when it’s over. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Personally, I team taught with one instructor and got to observe the style of another instructor. I gained a deeper understanding of updates to the program, went through Combat Focus Carbine and was introduced to the Introduction to Defensive Handgun course. Finally, I was reminded of the fact that you are only as old as your level of fitness. At week’s end, I am more focused on the future and could not be more appreciative of the structure of this program.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Additional AARs

Staying True to Foundational Principles while Evolving, The 2011 Combat Focus Shooting Instructor Conference

A (long) Combat Focus Shooting Weekend

Combat Focus Shooting 2011

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom