• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Yeah yeah, rub it in. My better half has decided we need a new bedroom set, entertainment center, TV, and bunk beds for the kids before I buy any more guns. But hey, at least I know yours will be finished by the time I’m ready to ask lol.
    Once you convince them its a investment that will go up in value it gets easier. Then show her...look honey I paid 500 for this 3 years ago and now its on gunbroker for 750...lol

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The internet loves the Ruger Ronin. It has a plastic trigger. Im not so sure the MIM Parts thing is that big of a deal used on the right parts in the right places. Its the you get what you pay for thing. If you want a $800 1911 you're going to have to make sacrifices. Nighthawk will be happy to sell someone a all steel pistol fit to perfectionist standards. You will need at least $3500 though.....I think Kimbers are pretty good for the money
    They definitely make some good looking guns, at least I think they do. I'm pretty sure I just lucked into a not so good one, every company puts em out every now and then. Like I said my brothers was a really nice one. You are right about the price point for sure. I'm not even for sure what parts are all MIM on them. I know some of them have plastic mainspring housings also.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Allen does a great job, every time I blow up one of my 1911's he fixes them right. :)

I asked him to build me a bullseye gun, even though he never built one before, the one he built for me shoots 1.5-inch groups at 50 yards on a ransom rest. Amazing accuracy

Link to an old post https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/colt-1911-by-allen.304705/#post-4331692

I eventually blew it up and he put a new slide and barrel, I swear it shoots even better now.

Top Bottom