• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm making my own from now on. Hand stitching pieces cut from the Harbor Freight some conservative, veteran owned US canvas manufacturer drop cloths for the exterior and for insulation I'll stitch in US surplus poncho liners.

Gonna start carving up a set of wooden work boots as well.
    You will find plenty of materials at the gunshows you will be frequenting.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I understand why people are more upset about this one. It’s like realizing that flirty stripper doesn’t actually think you’re cute and funny. Maybe this is just a good reminder that big companies are more interested in profits than shared values.
    But she DID think I was cute and funny! If she hadn't been married, and if her husband hadn't left threatening messages on my answering machine, I think we could have hit it off! :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I realize that we cannot possibly boycott everyone that has a vaccine mandate policy and function in this society. I was trying to understand why INGO seems to go after those that seem closer to us than they do others.

It came to me last evening that INGO in general seems to expect more of Carhartt than they do Nike, so when Carhartt fails to live up to that expectation the rhetoric gets pretty high. But the truth of it is Carharrt is just another clothing corporation and it is unrealistic for us to expect more of them than we do any other clothing Company.
    I think it is that we have known Nike hated us from the time they gave a failed quarterback a platform for systemic racism bull****. We've had time to lower our already low expectations of Nike

Carharrt, as you say, seemed to be more one of us. It feels more Judas-like. No pieces of silver from me

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I understand why people are more upset about this one. It’s like realizing that flirty stripper doesn’t actually think you’re cute and funny. Maybe this is just a good reminder that big companies are more interested in profits than shared values.
    What makes it so weird, though, is I don't see progressives rushing out to add Carharrts to their wardrobe

It feels like a betrayal, and if it doesn't work out economically, I'll watch them burn. Won't get fooled again

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    What makes it so weird, though, is I don't see progressives rushing out to add Carharrts to their wardrobe

It feels like a betrayal, and if it doesn't work out economically, I'll watch them burn. Won't get fooled again
    Carhartt has an entire line for hipsters. And every female between the ages of 18-45 has the winter hat.

Hell Kanye wore a cheap pair of red wings a few times and they're selling for 1-3k on ebay now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They might go down the same path North Face did, then. Making clothes that people wanted to be seen in instead of useful technical gear. Then when fashions change and there are new cool kids they have nothing left

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    They might go down the same path North Face did, then. Making clothes that people wanted to be seen in instead of useful technical gear. Then when fashions change and there are new cool kids they have nothing left
    Patagonia is taking this route lately. Their baseball hats have become popular with every guy in his 20s. They’ve been releasing hats and t-shirts in a million designs and colors.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So as someone who was shopping for a new work hoodie. Is there a brand out there that isn't communist and makes stuff on par or better than Carharrt?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So as someone who was shopping for a new work hoodie. Is there a brand out there that isn't communist and makes stuff on par or better than Carharrt?

Origin.

I'm going to go a little farther and say if you haven't heard of Origin and want American made clothing and related items made completely with American sourced materials on rebuilt American machines, you should look into them.

I can listen to Pete Roberts talk about his vision to bring American manufacturing back for hours.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You may try here.

https://www.allamericanclothing.com...urable-goods/the-heavy-hoodie-carbon/[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to go a little farther and say if you haven't heard of Origin and want American made clothing and related items made completely with American sourced materials on rebuilt American machines, you should look into them.

I can listen to Pete Roberts talk about his vision to bring American manufacturing back for hours.

20%231&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_term=made%20in%20america[/URL]

Thanks I'll look into those brands a little closer this weekend. Cursory glance looks like nice stuff.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Origin.

Do not really know anything about them but they sure love the word tactical in their descriptions. Like this description of nearly $200 jeans. But they have a half year wait to get them…

Double Knee Denim Work Pants​

A Tactical Carpenter Jean​

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Do not really know anything about them but they sure love the word tactical in their descriptions. Like this description of nearly $200 jeans. But they have a half year wait to get them…

Double Knee Denim Work Pants​

A Tactical Carpenter Jean​

Their lead times have gone up since COVID hit the factory there late last year and most of their workforce is was out sick. I have a couple pair of jeans on order still, so I get regular emails with updates on what is going on there. Their lead times are usually fairly lengthy, but they are experiencing some growing pains and adding factories in South Carolina to help.

About the price... people want to buy American made products until it's time to pay for American made products. The main thing that caused companies to start manufacturing overseas were the high costs of paying American workers a living wage. Now I see a lot of people screaming to bring manufacturing back, but then complain when it costs more to buy.

I went through the website really quick since I never noticed the word "tactical" in any of the products I've looked at. That is the only place I saw it. It's kind of out of place for those jeans, but it doesn't make me roll my eyes like Goruck's "special forces rated materials". I like my Gorucks, but they need to lay off on that ridiculous jargon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Their lead times have gone up since COVID hit the factory there late last year and most of their workforce is was out sick. I have a couple pair of jeans on order still, so I get regular emails with updates on what is going on there. Their lead times are usually fairly lengthy, but they are experiencing some growing pains and adding factories in South Carolina to help.

About the price... people want to buy American made products until it's time to pay for American made products. The main thing that caused companies to start manufacturing overseas were the high costs of paying American workers a living wage. Now I see a lot of people screaming to bring manufacturing back, but then complain when it costs more to buy.

I went through the website really quick since I never noticed the word "tactical" in any of the products I've looked at. That is the only place I saw it. It's kind of out of place for those jeans, but it doesn't make me roll my eyes like Goruck's "special forces rated materials". I like my Gorucks, but they need to lay off on that ridiculous jargon.
    Look at the features of the hoodie you linked too. Tactical logo! WTH! LOL…

1642883779645.png

Top Bottom