• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    Your post is very close, but misses an important distinction.

What someone said was that because of a vaccination mandate for employees at Carhartt I’m no longer buying their product. That is quite different than I don’t like them and will not shop there. Then when confronted with a list of others that have the same policy not a single poster said we should boycott them all.

I believe that Carhartt, a privately held company has made a mistake here and I hope they reverse course, but they have been a good company, to my knowledge, in the past and I hate to see them become a causality in this
    They made their choice in their decision, now they should suffer the consequence.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Meh. I eat at Taco Bell quite often. But I hate tacos. I always get either a chicken or steak Burrito Supreme. :dunno:
    Maybe you've become immune? I quit eating at any fast food establishment, when they were always closed. Then they decided to become drive-thru only. We've noticed the difference in our bank account, and my wife's cooking is so much better anyway. Fast food was always just convenient, but never satisfying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe you've become immune? I quit eating at any fast food establishment, when they were always closed. Then they decided to become drive-thru only. We've noticed the difference in our bank account, and my wife's cooking is so much better anyway. Fast food was always just convenient, but never satisfying.
    I eat at home mostly, but I do all the cooking, and DoggyMama eats like a bird, so sometimes it's not worth it to me to cook a meal only to end up throwing most of it away (not a big fan of leftovers except for chili or ham 'n beans).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have you not heard of formed meat products? You can't possibly believe they use solid pieces of meat.
    Think McRib. I just got chills.:puke:
    Yeah, this is not that. And I agree about McRib. Do they really think anyone believes that's real meat with "bone shaped" ridges in it? Well, I guess a lot of people do. They sell enough of them. P.T. Barnum had a word for those people.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    If we are going to do this, let’s do it right. Here is a list I came across.

So toss those credit cards, American Express, and Citi, Bank Of America, Capital One…

No shopping at Walmart and TJMaxx…

No Big Macs…

No new F350…

No Yellowstone, Paramount owned by Viacom…

No TV from NBC and Netflix…

No flying commercial, Southwest, Delta, United…

No prescriptions, CVS, Walgreens…

No chicken from Tyson…

No rides from Uber or Lyft…

No healthcare from Anthem…

No dinner from Doordash…

No cell phone from ATT…

No UPS shipments…

Not even some Kraft cheese and Heinz ketchup…

Is this getting ridiculous yet? Why do we want to put those who produce things important to us like tough workwear out of business we sure are not going to make a dent in those listed here and there likely are thousands more. If not boycotting them all which ones do we boycott without being hypocritical? I think it is silly to boycott Carhartt over this…

Ford did NOT mandate the jab.

Lpherr

Occupied
    No Virginia, there are no naturally occurring rib-shaped meat patties. :lmfao:
    You mean there's no boneless cows? They have these...

iu

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    The linked article says who they mandated too. Not all but some. Is that good enough to get them off the list?
    Maybe.
    They mandated the white collar exec's (those are the ones traveling internationally for business) who favor the mandate anyhow.
    The blue collar workers, who are mostly against the mandate, are not mandated but, still have the option. Everyone's happy.
    Besides, the federal govt mandated the jab for international travel. Or at least if you plan on returning home.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My comments are not about just this thread.

Let me sum it up for you.

I think the boycotts are useless and actually may do more harm than good.

I think it hypocritical to boycott some businesses, but not all businesses, that one does business with engaging in the same conduct.

This a private business that has the right to do this which is why our efforts should be to change the laws and take that right away and restore medical to the employees, not companies.

Just because boycotting seems to get the left what they want sometimes, it is not as effective for conservatives.

Some people here cannot stand to hear a dissenting voice.
    That’s fine, and yes it’s a private business, but as a private business I can choose to give them my business or not. It doesn’t matter if I don’t like the logo, my reason for doing so is my personal business... I don’t think we should make laws to take away businesses rights to do business how they see fit, let the free market decide that... and that’s exactly what we’re doing.

I’m also curious why a boycott would work for the left but not the right? Money’s the same color regardless of political affiliation

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mmmm a chicken burrito sounds pretty good right now. Taco Bell is one of the few fast food places I eat.
    I go to the kiosks to order too, so I'm also taking someone's job too. Or something. :thumbsup: Not really. I go to the kiosk because I'm faster at customizing my order than the kid at the register.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I go to the kiosks to order too, so I'm also taking someone's job too. Or something. :thumbsup: Not really. I go to the kiosk because I'm faster at customizing my order than the kid at the register.
    Taco Bell’s menu is just suggestions... it’s a good foundation, but you gotta add and remove half the burrito to get it how you want.

Damn. I kinda want a quesadilla now

Top Bottom