• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    On a semi-serious note, what's the difference between a boycott and just not buying from someone? Is it why you're doing it? Your motive?
    Hell I don’t know, I don’t use the term boycott much. I simply stop buying from certain businesses for various reasons, never really put that much thought into it.

As an example, I last ate at a Taco Bell about 12 years ago. Ordered three regular tacos and there wasn’t a tablespoon of meat spread between the three of them. I just don’t go there any longer. Never asked anyone else not to nor did I run around to tell everyone about it.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the bigger thing here is the judgement and holier than thou you’re not as pure as me attitude. Screw you. I don’t need that.
    That is the exactly what many if the boycott folks do here, pass judgment and act like they holier than thou if you don’t boycott with them. Apparently they do not like anyone pointing it out…

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I guess we all are hypocrites…
    In a way, yes. We all have instances where we will accept something from a person or business we wouldn’t accept from another.

I’ll let my mother call me a million names and never argue with her... but I won’t allow my sister to do the same. Is that hypocritical? Yes... but it’s also due to the value I put on my mother vs others.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That is the exactly what many if the boycott folks do here, pass judgment and act like they holier than thou if you don’t boycott with them. Apparently they do not like anyone pointing it out…
    I haven’t seen anyone criticizing others for not boycotting businesses they are. I haven’t been following the thread that closely, so I might’ve missed it, but I personally haven’t seen that. I have seen people express it’s their freedom to boycott and others freedom to do business with who they choose.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I haven’t seen anyone criticizing others for not boycotting businesses they are. I haven’t been following the thread that closely, so I might’ve missed it, but I personally haven’t seen that. I have seen people express it’s their freedom to boycott and others freedom to do business with who they choose.
    There has only been one person judging others in this thread.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There has only been one person judging others in this thread.
    I haven’t really kept up. I only responded because of the hypocrite comment, which I found odd since he mentioned boycotting businesses for 2A reasons. Just because I don’t agree with why someone boycotts a business doesn’t mean I care about their personal moralities on which they choose to do and not do business with. You can boycott KFC because you think it’s cruel to chickens while eating Popeyes... isn’t my worry or any skin off my back.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    If you feel the need to boycott a company do so. Learn to live without what they sell or find an alternate vendor.

Why brand loyalty? Are they loyal to you? No. They’re loyal to consumers. To profit. To the almighty dollar. End of story.

Don’t think by boycotting their company or products you’re making a dent in their pocket book. Just stop using their products and move on.

We all boycotted Dicks and they’re still in business. It’s just the way the world works.

If you don’t like a companies views, just stop supporting them.

If a company wants to make asinine comments and policies that alienated half the population, that’s on them. Just remember it and don’t give them business.

-edit-

Hell, here’s a perfect example.

Cheaper than dirt is a hell hole of a company that pretty much everyone hates and boycotts because of business practices. Have they gone bankrupt yet? Lol no.

Just forget they exist and move on.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My comments are not about just this thread.

Let me sum it up for you.

I think the boycotts are useless and actually may do more harm than good.

I think it hypocritical to boycott some businesses, but not all businesses, that one does business with engaging in the same conduct.

This a private business that has the right to do this which is why our efforts should be to change the laws and take that right away and restore medical to the employees, not companies.

Just because boycotting seems to get the left what they want sometimes, it is not as effective for conservatives.

Some people here cannot stand to hear a dissenting voice.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Who is this directed to? I hate WM, don’t boycott them, but rarely ever go there…
    You.

You said you don't like Walmart so you don't shop there.

Someone else says now I don't like Carhartt so I'm no longer buying their product.

Then you call them a hypocrite.

You have to be blind not to see that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2022
    Mccordsville
    Lol.

Company’s struggling. Use people being unvaccinated as a good excuse for layoffs.

Let them. Those people can go work somewhere that’ll appreciate them. **** working a job that tells me how I can live. I provide you with a service, a mutual service that we both agreed to an amount and benefits for when we agreed to hire/work for each other. If I don’t like your terms, I’ll find somewhere else to work freely. If you don’t like my terms, you can fire me and find someone else to do it. But you damn sure don’t own me and tell me what I have to do outside of my job. **** your paycheck.
    The real issue I have is that a lot of individuals have worked their @$$es off creating the brand and reputations while keeping these businesses profitable. The facts are that the government has (aligned themselves with big business again) by opening pandora's box by allowing these businesses to reorganize and write off a ton of debt. Large businesses will save hundreds of millions of dollars by not being forced to pay out entitlements that would typically be owed to the employee through the normal workforce reduction process. And although I do respect an employer's right to chose, the reality is that they changed the deal by changing their requirements, which means you quit or are terminated for insubordination, which also means that you are choosing to walk away from any severance package, unemployment, any earned bonus plans that are pending distribution, undistributed stock plans /options and non-vested retirement contributions and for some pensions. Some folks are having their careers flipped upside down because the government stuck their noses and opinions into the private sector who will always get greedy and go for the quick dollar. And the religious exemptions, I know of one large business that wanted way too many details on an individuals religiously held beliefs and then only provided a "temporary" approval that states that they can review and reconsidered their approval at any time. Definitely disappointing to say the least.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I suppose I fall into the hypocrite line ...............
    Every since NASCAR stopped all Confederate flags but allow all forms of BLM support , I haven`t watched or supported anything NASCAR ......
    but ............Am one of the biggest fans of Lets Go Brandon .

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    All of those illegals pouring in will work somewhere, maybe companies are using covid to move out more senior employees so they can replace them with cheap illegal labor at slave wages. Just give them a shot as they come through the door.
    Illegals don't have to take a shot as they can sue the drug manufacturers if something is wrong with the vaccine, we the people can't sue that is why it is being pushed on us so hard!!!!!!!

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You.

You said you don't like Walmart so you don't shop there.

Someone else says now I don't like Carhartt so I'm no longer buying their product.

Then you call them a hypocrite.

You have to be blind not to see that.
    Your post is very close, but misses an important distinction.

What someone said was that because of a vaccination mandate for employees at Carhartt I’m no longer buying their product. That is quite different than I don’t like them and will not shop there. Then when confronted with a list of others that have the same policy not a single poster said we should boycott them all.

I believe that Carhartt, a privately held company has made a mistake here and I hope they reverse course, but they have been a good company, to my knowledge, in the past and I hate to see them become a causality in this…

Lpherr

Occupied
    Hell I don’t know, I don’t use the term boycott much. I simply stop buying from certain businesses for various reasons, never really put that much thought into it.

As an example, I last ate at a Taco Bell about 12 years ago. Ordered three regular tacos and there wasn’t a tablespoon of meat spread between the three of them. I just don’t go there any longer. Never asked anyone else not to nor did I run around to tell everyone about it.
    When Taco Bell was required to eliminate the sand from their meat, they had to reduce the amount they used.
    Their profits would've been buried head first.
    Now they use alternate fillers. So you will now receive a full tablespoon per taco, if you're able to gag it down, and are prepared to spend a significant portion of the evening on the porcelain throne.
    I can't spend money on something that comes out faster than it goes in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When Taco Bell was required to eliminate the sand from their meat, they had to reduce the amount they used.
    Their profits would've been buried head first.
    Now they use alternate fillers. So you will now receive a full tablespoon per taco, if you're able to gag it down, and are prepared to spend a significant portion of the evening on the porcelain throne.
    I can't spend money on something that comes out faster than it goes in.
    Meh. I eat at Taco Bell quite often. But I hate tacos. I always get either a chicken or steak Burrito Supreme. :dunno:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Your post is very close, but misses an important distinction.

What someone said was that because of a vaccination mandate for employees at Carhartt I’m no longer buying their product. That is quite different than I don’t like them and will not shop there. Then when confronted with a list of others that have the same policy not a single poster said we should boycott them all.

I believe that Carhartt, a privately held company has made a mistake here and I hope they reverse course, but they have been a good company, to my knowledge, in the past and I hate to see them become a causality in this…
    The reason they decide they no longer agree with the company doesn't matter to me at all.

If you don't like a company, and have the ability to stop giving that company money.

Knock Your Socks Off, I couldn't care less.

Top Bottom