• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sorry, some cannot handle the truth.
    Lol, you want to waste your time searching for the political leanings or policies of every company you buy from or do business with knock yourself out.

Apparently no one is going to live up to your level of righteousness, may as well close the thread.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I`m sorry, but I disagree with you on this. I don`t think it`s hypocritical ion the least. You yourself said, it`s nearly impossible to boycott everyone whose doing the same thing, or close to the same thing. So then, pick out those that you feel are the most egregious in what they`re doing. Boycott them until you decide it`s time to move onto someone/something else. I feel better about doing something, than doing nothing.
    Funny thing though, INGO seems to think that Carhartt is the most egregious of needs to be made an example of? Just curious, in light of the lists I posted, why them?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Demonstrating the futility and hypocrisy of it all…
    Doing something, rather than nothing is not futile or hypocritical. People follow their conscience and work with what they know about where different companies stand on an issue. Where it`s true we cannot boycott all of them, we boycott whatever makes the most sense for us, and that satisfies us, makes us feel better. If one`s prerogative is to do nothing, because they can`t do everything, that`s up to them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Funny thing though, INGO seems to think that Carhartt is the most egregious of needs to be made an example of? Just curious, in light of the lists I posted, why them?
    Again, when we cannot boycott everyone, it`s perfectly fine to pick someone, anyone, and maybe it`s because they`re the latest to fall in lockstep with the left. Who cares why? People are doing something!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Carhartt could be seen as more egregious, since the core of their business would seem to be targeted at the people posting here. Those other companies you mentioned are much more mainstream.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Doing something, rather than nothing is not futile or hypocritical. People follow their conscience and work with what they know about where different companies stand on an issue. Where it`s true we cannot boycott all of them, we boycott whatever makes the most sense for us, and that satisfies us, makes us feel better. If one`s prerogative is to do nothing, because they can`t do everything, that`s up to them.
    That’s pretty much what it comes down to: making yourself feel better about it. If calling Carhartt makes you feel better, do it. If not spending your money on their stuff makes you feel better, do it.

Just curious for anyone who did contact Carhartt, were you told anything beyond “we’re sorry to hear you feel that way, we value you as a customer, we hope you change your mind?”

I do think Mike makes a good point that ending a business relationship with a company over such a policy should be across the board. Picking and choosing based on convenience isn’t much of a stand. If it’s not a matter of convenience, I’d be happy to hear what other reasons I’m not seeing.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Haven’t stepped foot into a walmart in 3 years. Fk niki cause they use sweat shop labor anyways. Coca cola pushing that high fructose corn syrup*only in the usa btw*, carhartt is overpriced ****, I wouldnt purchase a new car if they sold it half price, the list is endless.

Stop living consumeristically and stop spending money on these companies seems to be the answer.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I do think Mike makes a good point that ending a business relationship with a company over such a policy should be across the board. Picking and choosing based on convenience isn’t much of a stand. If it’s not a matter of convenience, I’d be happy to hear what other reasons I’m not seeing.
    How about simple ignorance. I’ll address my dealings with companies as I find out about them through whatever means. Calling me a hypocrite for not researching every company doing business in this country is a bit ridiculous.

I contacted Carhartt, didn’t hear back and don’t expect to. Now if I went out tomorrow and bought another Carhartt jacket, then I’d be a hypocrite.

It won’t make a hill of beans to Carhartt, I never claimed it would and don’t care either way. I do what I few is appropriate, I don’t need to measure myself against others nor do I try to lecture others on what they do with their money.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    How about simple ignorance. I’ll address my dealings with companies as I find out about them through whatever means. Calling me a hypocrite for not researching every company doing business in this country is a bit ridiculous.

I contacted Carhartt, didn’t hear back and don’t expect to. Now if I went out tomorrow and bought another Carhartt jacket, then I’d be a hypocrite.

It won’t make a hill of beans to Carhartt, I never claimed it would and don’t care either way. I do what I few is appropriate, I don’t need to measure myself against others nor do I try to lecture others on what they do with their money.
    I don’t think it’s necessary to go search that stuff out, I was asking in terms of the other companies he mentioned that we all know about now (against our will). Ultimately, do whatever you feel is best.

Let us know if Carhartt responds. I suspect they probably have some canned response already scripted for this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe start a thread we can get stickied so you can list the companies you approve of others doing business with. We can all try to be more like Mike.

I'm only wearing clothes I make myself now. So mostly just body hair combed for modesty. Yes, it's cold.

On a semi-serious note, what's the difference between a boycott and just not buying from someone? Is it why you're doing it? Your motive? Or is is it more like what's Crossfit vs exercise: Don't tell everyone, it's exercise. Do tell everyone, it's Crossfit.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lol, you want to waste your time searching for the political leanings or policies of every company you buy from or do business with knock yourself out.

Apparently no one is going to live up to your level of righteousness, may as well close the thread.

I am not trying to preach a “righteousness”. Probably would not post much if this was about Delta airlines. But INGO seems to enjoy calling out those that many here do business with. The OP probably doesn't wear Carhartts, but is loving all you guys blasting them. Contact them, tell them what you think, boycotts them if you want, but the boycotts are probably only hurting us…

Top Bottom