• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have no idea whether the Colts are seriously interested in Jackson. However, it only makes sense that they would talk with him and say nice things publicly. It can drive up the price for whoever gets him and there is no need to needlessly antagonize another team's QB. I don't put much stock in anything they have said being an indicator of their real plans.

338003445_771575410803184_5715073458730519195_n.jpg

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Jackson has peaked, he will never be the same after this contract is signed. He is older, slower, paid, and satisfied. He will be trouble wherever he lands, he is not the answer to the question of who can lead a team to the super bowl and win it. And isn’t that the ONLY reason a team pays a veteran QB to join them?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If we were to sign Lamar, today would be the perfect day to do it lol

This point is rarely made, government overreach spurred the move to Indy.

“Robert Irsay wanted the city to pay for improvements at Memorial Stadium, which as the attached photo shows was far from a high-end, modern venue. One thing led to another, and the Maryland legislature passed a law allowing Baltimore to seize the Colts from Irsay.”

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Then that guy busts, we get Drake Maye or C Willy, and set the record at 10 in 2025

I’ve thought about this too.

First off, you can’t call anyone a bust after one season. I don’t care if you take them in the 1st round or 7th round. One season is just not enough time to evaluate a player.

But let’s just play out this scenario. Say they draft Richardson or Levis this year and he has a typical rookie season. Up and down. Some struggles. Some flashes of good stuff. Say they end up with the #2 pick in next year’s draft. Do they draft Drake Maye or Marvin Harrison Jr?

If they end up with the #1 pick it’s almost a no-brainer that they take Caleb Williams right? But if they end up at 2 or 3……

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I’ve thought about this too.

First off, you can’t call anyone a bust after one season. I don’t care if you take them in the 1st round or 7th round. One season is just not enough time to evaluate a player.

But let’s just play out this scenario. Say they draft Richardson or Levis this year and he has a typical rookie season. Up and down. Some struggles. Some flashes of good stuff. Say they end up with the #2 pick in next year’s draft. Do they draft Drake Maye or Marvin Harrison Jr?

If they end up with the #1 pick it’s almost a no-brainer that they take Caleb Williams right? But if they end up at 2 or 3……
    I was just memeing. I agree, no way we take a QB next year if we draft one this year.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not getting 10 years out of this one.

Jackson was out the final four games of the 2021 season with an ankle injury before missing six games last season with the knee injury.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not getting 10 years out of this one.

Jackson was out the final four games of the 2021 season with an ankle injury before missing six games last season with the knee injury.

I hate "clap back". I wish it would fade away. It ranks among the dumbest Millennial terms.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If they did sign Lamar, I'd be super disappointed if they didn't do it in the middle of the night, without telling the Ravens fans, and then he'd have to come to Indy via Mayflower movers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh. I’m dissing it. It ranks in the top 10 most idiotic millennial phrases.
    I don't even know what it means. I would assume it means that if someone applauds you, you applaud them back? :dunno:

iu

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom