Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Clearly the problems with this years Colts team wasn't Frank Reich. Even the exalted Jeff Saturday couldn't get the team turned around. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was with the team but it wasn't Frank. Carolina just picked up a good coach.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Clearly the problems with this years Colts team wasn't Frank Reich. Even the exalted Jeff Saturday couldn't get the team turned around. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was with the team but it wasn't Frank. Carolina just picked up a good coach.
    Sometimes things just don't work out and it isn't really any one person's fault. I think Reich is a great guy that might still become a great HC someday. Only time will tell. I wish him the best of luck with the Panthers. Well, unless they're playing the Colts.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Really? How on earth do you absolve Reich of responsibility for the team he trained, coached, and led, while blaming the guy that was hired to finish the year and report to the owner what was wrong?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Really? How on earth do you absolve Reich of responsibility for the team he trained, coached, and led, while blaming the guy that was hired to finish the year and report to the owner what was wrong?
    I'm right there with you. I agree with everyone that he was a nice guy, and maybe he learned from his mistakes and will do a better job in Carolina. That said, I lost all respect for him when threw the OC under the bus to try to save his own job. Even worse, as a casual fan I could accurately predict his play calling far too consistently.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    What would this “new owner” change to make things better?
    Stop meddling and let the coach and GM do their jobs. No well run football team has the owner making any kind of football decision. When owner's do, the team doesn't do well. They may be billionaires but they're not football people.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Stop meddling and let the coach and GM do their jobs. No well run football team has the owner making any kind of football decision. When owner's do, the team doesn't do well. They may be billionaires but they're not football people.
    In my opinion this is all wrong.

First it does not seem that Irsay gets involved when the team is winning, he absolutely allows those he hires to do their jobs. He gets involved when they are losing, which coincides with when fans are paying attention to the team mechanics rather than when they are winning.

Irsay is absolutely a football guy from his earliest beginnings, he has done a little of everything for the team all the way to President before owner, even started washing the laundry for the team as a teen.

What is an owner to do if the employees are not performing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom