• Status
    Not open for further replies.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In dating term's Gardner has a nice personality.

I loved the fact he showed up a day early at eagles training camp and slept in his travel bus that he had made for him in the team parking lot. Lived in it post season to preseason also. Sold it when the season started and said he would be building a better one this year. So expect him to show up a day early for the colts and be sleeping the the parking lot at 56'th street.

Jamis Winston was the better pick if the colts wanted a quarterback to bridge the gap a college draft pick will need to get up to speed but a much more expensive pick up also.

The LJ idea is against everything Ballard is about. I do not see it happening.

The miss was when the packers re signed AR last year before they move Adams to Las Vegas. Jordan Love was an expensive backup and it looks like this year we could see him play for the packers. He would have been worth what we paid Matty Ice and would have possibly played better. The colts had already signed MR so that was not in the cards

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never knew Love was ever available to anyone. The Pack has wanted to move on for sometime.

Isnt this whole Rodgers to NYJ crazy to see unfold? Two teams agree on a player trade but not the compensation while the media portrays it as a done deal…

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Rumors - note: completely unsubstantiated thus far - that Jimmy Garoppolo failed his physical with the Raiders. This has potential relevance to the Colts, with respect to the upcoming draft, in that the Raiders signing Garoppolo ostensibly removed them from the list of QB-needy teams entering the draft.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Rumors - note: completely unsubstantiated thus far - that Jimmy Garoppolo failed his physical with the Raiders. This has potential relevance to the Colts, with respect to the upcoming draft, in that the Raiders signing Garoppolo ostensibly removed them from the list of QB-needy teams entering the draft.

Definitely could be big (bad) news if it proves to be true.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I love Minshew's swagger, but he played like trash on an offense that was better on every level. IDK if there's a better option for a bridge. At the very least, he's a strong personality, something our locker room desperately needs.

Also, I'm a Parris Campbell truther. Shame to see him go, I think he's gonna get the bag in 2024 if Danny Dimes delivers for him (and metlife doesn't break legs off)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I love Minshew's swagger, but he played like trash on an offense that was better on every level. IDK if there's a better option for a bridge. At the very least, he's a strong personality, something our locker room desperately needs.

Also, I'm a Parris Campbell truther. Shame to see him go, I think he's gonna get the bag in 2024 if Danny Dimes delivers for him (and metlife doesn't break legs off)
    I don't think Minshew is viewed as or intended to be a "bridge". He was, IMHO, signed as a veteran backup.

I strongly believe that whomever the Colts draft at QB, the Colts intend to be the Week One starter.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I don't think Minshew is viewed as or intended to be a "bridge". He was, IMHO, signed as a veteran backup.

I strongly believe that whomever the Colts draft at QB, the Colts intend to be the Week One starter.

It seems that the Colts (specifically Ballard) has finally come to terms with what the team is. It’s not a quarterback away or a few pieces away from making a run. Letting Gilmore and Campbell go makes me think that they’re building for 2024 and beyond.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems that the Colts (specifically Ballard) has finally come to terms with what the team is. It’s not a quarterback away or a few pieces away from making a run. Letting Gilmore and Campbell go makes me think that they’re building for 2024 and beyond.
    Certainly appears that way…

Why didn’t the Colts get more for Gilmore?

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Certainly appears that way…

Why didn’t the Colts get more for Gilmore?
    To add to the comments above. Gilmore also had only one year left on his contract, so the Cowboys are only getting one season of his service in the trade. I believe Jalen Ramsey was signed through 2025 when the Dolphins traded for him, so they are getting more guaranteed seasons of service in the trade.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We’re at the point in the off-season where there’s not a ton to talk about. So here’s Jim Irsay liking a tweet about the Colts possibly pursuing Lamar Jackson.

Like someone commented, he probably likes that the Colts were mentioned.

But, it's somethign to talk about. I think it would be cool to get Jackson. Would he be a good fit for them? I think for a QB like that, you have to build your team around his skills. And how long will he have that freaky athleticism? But it would be cool either way. Might cause me to drive all the way to Indy to see him play.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Uncle Jim is an outlier owner. Lamar Jackson is an outlier quarterback. I can see this as an option.

Now for a year you have a running game with Johnny Taylor and Lamar.
    A huge tight end in Moe ally cox who can catch a ball which Lamar seems to target tight ends. Add in the wide receiver position with a speedster or two and you have an offense. Grind the ball and run the clock keep the defense fresh. You would see less scoring in games for sure. The O line would need to step it up but that is a given anyway they did not do well last year for the amount of money spent on them.

Interesting but I don't think Ballard is going to do it. Against his overall strategy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom