1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    In my opinion this is all wrong.

First it does not seem that Irsay gets involved when the team is winning, he absolutely allows those he hires to do their jobs. He gets involved when they are losing, which coincides with when fans are paying attention to the team mechanics rather than when they are winning.

Irsay is absolutely a football guy from his earliest beginnings, he has done a little of everything for the team all the way to President before owner, even started washing the laundry for the team as a teen.

What is an owner to do if the employees are not performing?
    I've always seen Irsay as an unstable guy that makes rash decisions. The Trent Richardson trade, hiring Saturday as interim coach, etc.
    Just seems like he makes some crazy calls.
    Manning and Luck hid a lot of his issues.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Stop meddling and let the coach and GM do their jobs. No well run football team has the owner making any kind of football decision. When owner's do, the team doesn't do well. They may be billionaires but they're not football people.
    Irsay doesn't seem to meddle until the team is on a losing path. Which if what the team is doing isn't working (winning) then it's the owner and GM's job to start cutting away the weak links.
    In the case of Irsay, it's not like he was a billionaire and just bought a team as a hobby interest or status symbol. He has worked in a number of positions and I believe winning football is his desire. I had zero issue with his hiring Saturday as interim coach or getting involved when he did. This season started out as a continuation of last years train wreck. Irsay did his job as owner and made changes to seek out the underlying issues and fix them.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Saturday could do with a staff of his choosing. As interim, he was saddled with an existing coaching staff and all the problems created by someone else.
    I'd like to see them risk a 2 year contract on him.

Kinda seems like all you do is b**** about Irasy and how the team moved here. Are you by chance from Baltimore? Lol

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Kinda seems like all you do is b**** about Irasy and how the team moved here. Are you by chance from Baltimore? Lol
    Considering they moved here 2 years before I was born, I don't have a dog in that fight.
    I just don't particularly like the Colts and how they pissed away two all time great QB talents.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Luck quit because he was tired of getting beat up.
    They should have done more with Peyton than a super bowl loss and 1 super bowl win.
    Just not a Colts fan.
    At the end of the day Luck quit because his heart was not in it and he was tired of rehabbing. That is all a part of the game. Of the four teams left three of four QB’s are battling injuries from a tough season and the fourth one is the third QB of the season for his team. That is life in the NFL.

As for the run with Peyton, they had the misfortune to time that out against the GOAT coach and QB of all time and still managed to be one of the top two teams in wins over the period.

Why do folks that are not Colts fans want to participate here is something I do not get.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Considering they moved here 2 years before I was born, I don't have a dog in that fight.
    I just don't particularly like the Colts and how they pissed away two all time great QB talents.
    So do you feel the same about all the other teams in the league? I mean to be fair, to some extent they all **** away talent.

Just don't understand why non fans always feel it necessary to join a conversation they really have no interest in.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    So do you feel the same about all the other teams in the league? I mean to be fair, to some extent they all **** away talent.

Just don't understand why non fans always feel it necessary to join a conversation they really have no interest in.
    Fair point.

I suppose I wanted to like the Colts, I just felt like every year they underperformed in the playoffs. I wanted more from Peyton, and it seemed he and the Colts always disappointed me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Considering they moved here 2 years before I was born
    ****. I'm getting old.
    I will point out, because I'm old enough, that the Colts have been in Indy longer than they were in Baltimore. The Colts have been to more Super *games* (trademark and all...) then when they were in Baltimore. Teams moving and screwing over citizens is all the norm now, the Colts move in '84 was simply the bellwether. Indy can rightfully claim the Colts as their own. Irsay is unique in the fact that his wealth is the team. Most owners were crazy-rich and then bought a team. As such, I believe Irsay's desire to win is sincere. For fun, one should read about the reason(s) for the impromptu move. Had the Colts not bucked the norm, football today would look a lot different than it does. Baltimore -the city- was attempting to take control of the club, and then some.

I just felt like every year they underperformed in the playoffs. I wanted more from Peyton, and it seemed he and the Colts always disappointed me.
    Yep. I agree. There was a real let down, given some of the teams fielded under/with Manning. If one is totally honest, Manning's teams underperformed post-season.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep. I agree. There was a real let down, given some of the teams fielded under/with Manning. If one is totally honest, Manning's teams underperformed post-season.
    Yep, in 03,04, and 05 the Colts lost to the SB champ every time. 06 SB win. Then we had those two years, 07 and 08 that Chargers had their number. 09 was SB loss. Better than any team other than patriots

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do not think Harbaugh is out of the running, I still have not heard Harbaugh personally deliver a locked statement saying he will not go to the NFL, just a statement from the university president…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom