• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Franklin's PI call was big too. Still don't agree with it. I don't think it was a guaranteed TD, and in the end, it ended up being a TD anyhow, so why risk it? And the no-call on face masking on Ryan's sack earlier... The false starts and holding calls on Fries didn't help either. Death by a few small cuts.
    IMHO bad defensive call. Linebacker covering a WR down the field is either a blown assignment or a terrible call by the coaching staff. If he doesn't commit PI the only way Philly doesn't score is if the receiver has a stroke on way to the end zone. In hindsight letting him score would have given Indy more time to score at the end, but no one does that calculus in the moment.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I didn't get to watch the 2nd half but once again y'all offered a great review.
    Granted the offense generally sucks, especially the line. But, it would at least appear the fire Saturday lit in their bellies last week has carried over and they more than made it a game. The missed FG, a turn over or two and they could have been in position to embarrass the Eagles. If Reich had been coach today, I think it would have been a blow out.
    Given the mid season changes, it's kind of hard to be mad about losing by 1 lousy point to what is arguably the best team in the league.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I didn't get to watch the 2nd half but once again y'all offered a great review.
    Granted the offense generally sucks, especially the line. But, it would at least appear the fire Saturday lit in their bellies last week has carried over and they more than made it a game. The missed FG, a turn over or two and they could have been in position to embarrass the Eagles. If Reich had been coach today, I think it would have been a blow out.
    Given the mid season changes, it's kind of hard to be mad about losing by 1 lousy point to what is arguably the best team in the league.
    I agree with all of this. The Colts at least made it a game until the end.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    IMHO bad defensive call. Linebacker covering a WR down the field is either a blown assignment or a terrible call by the coaching staff. If he doesn't commit PI the only way Philly doesn't score is if the receiver has a stroke on way to the end zone. In hindsight letting him score would have given Indy more time to score at the end, but no one does that calculus in the moment.
    I'm not sure, but I think that was Miles Sanders not a WR that Franklin was covering on that play.

Edit: Just found it on YouTube. It was RB Miles Sanders.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

A reporter as Franklin why he did what he did.

C4DBB69B-C466-4423-8EDD-84D42AE552A6.jpeg

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I didn't see the game, just the highlights. That said, I have to think another factor for losing a game like that has to be fatigue. The big guys spending all day chasing Hurt have to get tired, and it only takes losing half a step for an athlete like him to be able to do what he did. The highlight reel clearly showed the difference in results when the O-line broke down, a sack for us and a big-play scramble for them.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    At least I won't get to watch the next game since it's a Monday night game. I won't be disappointed. At least not until Tuesday morning. :):
    You will have to do what I did last week. Don’t log on to INGO, don’t watch the news, answer the phone by saying “ hello, don’t talk about football” I didn’t get to watch till midnight it was a long day. ;)

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No matter the outcome, the team is responding to the coaching change. We will know more in the next four weeks.

They need to beat a weak but dangerous Steelers team at home.

At this point there is a very tough row to hoe, Cowboys, Vikings, Chargers, and Giants.

Then they finish with the Texans.

So three solid playoff teams, two dangerous teams and a bad division rival, not good…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Fundamentally, and the Colts have a history of failing to get in the end zone when they are knocking on the door.

Convert just one field goal to a touchdown and the outcome could have been different.

My guess is there will be work and discussion regarding finishing in the red zone.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It also is the colts “luck“ that the week before Philly gets two stud defensive players. They possibly made the difference in the game…

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    No sane person could watch that game and blame the defense.

They held two of the best offenses in the league (Chiefs and Eagles) to 17 points.
    Yes you are correct. I wasn’t clear in my statement. I meant with the lead and the game on the line the defense was terrible on the eagles touchdown drive. On the pass interference Franklin ( I believe) was so beat he had to tackle him to save a touchdown. Also Hurts had been running all game as he is known for. They never appeared To have anyone dedicated to cover him. Which in my opinion is why the middle was so open on the touchdown.
    :dunno:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yes you are correct. I wasn’t clear in my statement. I meant with the lead and the game on the line the defense was terrible on the eagles touchdown drive. On the pass interference Franklin ( I believe) was so beat he had to tackle him to save a touchdown. Also Hurts had been running all game as he is known for. They never appeared To have anyone dedicated to cover him. Which in my opinion is why the middle was so open on the touchdown.
    :dunno:

Gus Bradley the Defensive Coordinator took the blame for not making the right call on that last touchdown. Said he should’ve had a spy on Hurts.

Also, to kind’ve play the devil’s advocate. Yes our defense was more than good enough when you take the game as a whole.

BUT we did have a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter….

So even if the offense stalls, you have to be able to protect the lead. You just have to. Make ONE stop and we win the game and the entire narrative around the whole season is completely different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom