Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Colts are signing Chase McLaughlin and Lucas Havrisik to the practice squad, and will presumably elevate one of the two to the active roster.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Is this potentially a sign of Ballard taking this season more seriously? Or more pressure from Irsay perhaps?

I feel like in the past he and Reich have given players a lot of second chances and have always given them a vote of confidence.

I for one am glad to see it. It’s true that there may not be a better kicker out there but when you definitely know this guy ain’t the one then you gotta cut him loose.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Is this potentially a sign of Ballard taking this season more seriously? Or more pressure from Irsay perhaps?

I feel like in the past he and Reich have given players a lot of second chances and have always given them a vote of confidence.

I for one am glad to see it. It’s true that there may not be a better kicker out there but when you definitely know this guy ain’t the one then you gotta cut him loose.
    Life's a bitch.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I can appreciate the desire to stand behind a player you think had a bad day or two, who you confidently think will be fine. Some positions I can see holding on longer than others. It does seem a few years ago just about every team had a quality kicker that made it seem almost automatic. But, maybe it's a good thing they aren't trying to wait it out a week or two to see how it goes. Hopefully, one of the two they brought in will be an improvement.
    I will say kickers are probably often almost an afterthought to most fans and maybe even coaches until they are in that clutch situation.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I suspect Hot Rod may have knowingly been on a very short leash to begin with. 2022 Week 1 was, essentially, the third time in a row in which he failed in a clutch scenario.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I watched the first TNF on prime last night and was surprised no one here had any comments. It was a tale of two halves, the first Herbert was the gunslinger leading to a 10 point lead, and in the second the chefs beat the crap out of him such that at the end of the game he held his arm as if it were in a cast to protect his ribs.

Down 10, time fleeting, on third and short Herbert had running room to get the first down but didn’t because he couldn’t go and didn’t want to get hit. On fourth he then threw a strike for first down, got to fourth and goal and threw another strike for TD. The chefs recovered the onside kick and Chargers lost but it was a gutty performance from Herbert. Gained a lot of respect from this football fan…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah, that's pretty strange. Hopefully we will hear more about it later today.

The word is that Tuesdays and Wednesdays practice was way more physical than normal (maybe the coaches kicking their butts for such a poor effort at Houston). So they just did a walk thru today.

Edit: Wednesday and Thursday’s practice

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom