Not open for further replies.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Is he still recovering from injury?
    From what little has leaked about the injury if was pretty bad. Torn act/mcl and that he was injured before the game started that day.

He was unable to catch for the the rams before season. They did say they would have him back but since they are at salary cap he’ll I don’t think they can.

29 years old after 30 receivers suffer badly in statistics but OBJ might be an outlier.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Jared Allen, AP, Stephon Diggs
    Oh. Don't forget Herschel Walker. lol.

It goes all the way back to Fran Tarkington, Allan Page, Chuck Foreman, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall. I was a Vikings fan in my youth. '73 Vikings were loaded with talent and well coached... and... disappointing. I got over them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ve heard some people call the Colts the Vikings of the AFC. Always good, just can’t get over the hump.
    Bills, historically, remind me more of the Vikings of the AFC. Not always good, but when they're good, even REALLY good, they still manage to lose the big ones. Both have 4 SB losses. I keep rooting for the Bills to lose so at least the Vikings could win† for losing. Okay. So maybe I'm not over it.

†Denver and New England have 5 losses but they don't count because they have wins.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Catching up on some Colts Twitter this afternoon, and I’m seeing a theme.

Would not be surprised at all if Pittman Jr takes another big step this year and establishes himself as a legit #1 receiver.

He doesn’t have elite speed or quickness but he just beats all kinds of coverages. Man, zone, press, whatever: he just wins his matchups.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Catching up on some Colts Twitter this afternoon, and I’m seeing a theme.

Would not be surprised at all if Pittman Jr takes another big step this year and establishes himself as a legit #1 receiver.

He doesn’t have elite speed or quickness but he just beats all kinds of coverages. Man, zone, press, whatever: he just wins his matchups.
    I think they will be using the ex cheer leader nyhiem Hines either out of the backfield or in the slot position to help in passing. Marty ice likes the dump off pass

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think they will be using the ex cheer leader nyhiem Hines either out of the backfield or in the slot position to help in passing. Marty ice likes the dump off pass

For sure, but Matty Ice also fed Julio Jones at every available opportunity too.

Not saying Pittman is on Julio’s level, but Matt Ryan knows how to get the ball in his best players hands. And Pittman is by far the best receiving threat on our team.

Reich can talk up his receiver room all he wants, but in reality it’s Pittman and then just a bunch of dudes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Alright now, what should be our realistic expectations for the first preseason game this weekend? Any individuals that we should expect to see stand out?
    Nobody gets hurt?

Might be nice to see Matt Ryan lead a couple of competent drives, and the defensive front get to the QB a few times, before the starters take the bench. Otherwise, preseason games are mostly about evaluating down-roster players.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Alright now, what should be our realistic expectations for the first preseason game this weekend? Any individuals that we should expect to see stand out?

But to answer your question…

Teams already knows the 35-40 guys that will definitely make the roster. Preseason games help them determine the last 15-ish spots. Do you keep 5 wideouts or 6? 3 tight ends or 4? How many linebackers? Also, the bottom of the roster guys have to be able to make plays on specials teams. If that 4th safety can’t be a contributor on punt coverage, then he’s not as useful to the team.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I gotta say, I’m not a fan of playing your premium starters during the preseason. There’s probably a dozen or so guys on our team that are difference makers (Ryan, Taylor, Pittman, Buckner, Gilmore, Ngakoue) and to me the risks are just too severe to justify any benefits from a few extra snaps.

I seriously hope we don’t throw away our season because we’ve got the jitters about having slow starts in the past.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I gotta say, I’m not a fan of playing your premium starters during the preseason. There’s probably a dozen or so guys on our team that are difference makers (Ryan, Taylor, Pittman, Buckner, Gilmore, Ngakoue) and to me the risks are just too severe to justify any benefits from a few extra snaps.

I seriously hope we don’t throw away our season because we’ve got the jitters about having slow starts in the past.
    On one hand I understand that logic. On the other hand, I don't think it's any different than a full contact practice. I could be wrong, but I don't think a team really knows what they've got until they are under pressure in a game setting. Game temp vs practice, the since of urgency for those last few trying to make the cut, building some momentum before the season starts to count.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom