Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't see anything objectionable in the article. :dunno:
    No, nothing objectionable. There comes a time in the evolution of teams that they need a disciplinarian coach instead of a players coach. The Colts have had a long string of players coaches and may need a kick in the butt. I would believe that Poulian once filled that tore but Ballard doesn’t seem to be the hard ass.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No, nothing objectionable. There comes a time in the evolution of teams that they need a disciplinarian coach instead of a players coach. The Colts have had a long string of players coaches and may need a kick in the butt. I would believe that Poulian once filled that tore but Ballard doesn’t seem to be the hard ass.
    I don't necessarily think that's as true now as say 25-30 years ago. The old school hard ass coaches don't always do so great with these younger guys. Want to motivate these young guys? For a lack of better expression, cut some of the dead weight players loose and bring in new talent. They have got to do something about having team leaders (players) on the field and in the locker room. When you have those guys, you don't need the coach to be a hard ass.
    I think one key that BB has in New England is he has no problem cutting a man loose if they don't perform plain & simple.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There's truth in that. But, the bigger point is they have players who lead and hold their teammates accountable. I don't think the Colts have much of that right now.
    For sure. There was very little leadership exhibited this season. Leadership shines when the chips are down. Rewatched the end of the Rams win, there was no rush, no panic, but also no giving up and most infuriating of all from the Colts season, no smiling or yucking it up on the sidelines when they were down three scores. Just a steely focus to get back in the game. Colts must get leadership on the field. While Brady became a leader, BB was the leader that led him there…

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    What kind of religious practices? Are they Satanists or something? Rastafarians? I have no idea. I don't even know who Watson is, let alone his criminal history, so I'm pretty much lost with this whole thing. :):
    Deshaun Watson, former qb of the Texans, is under investigation for sexual assault charges…

Think they were saying someone with that history might not be a good fit with Reich.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For sure. There was very little leadership exhibited this season. Leadership shines when the chips are down. Rewatched the end of the Rams win, there was no rush, no panic, but also no giving up and most infuriating of all from the Colts season, no smiling or yucking it up on the sidelines when they were down three scores. Just a steely focus to get back in the game. Colts must get leadership on the field. While Brady became a leader, BB was the leader that led him there…
    100% yes. One thing I always thought shined about Reggie Wayne was how he could always be seen keeping guys pumped and getting in their ass when needed too. I always think of how he symbolically showed up to camp wearing a hard hat because it was time to go to work.
    Understanding the available QB options may not be thw greatest. IF the Colts decide to keep Wentz, Reich really needs to coach him up to be an actual leader. But, they also need to find more than one of those guys

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    100% yes. One thing I always thought shined about Reggie Wayne was how he could always be seen keeping guys pumped and getting in their ass when needed too. I always think of how he symbolically showed up to camp wearing a hard hat because it was time to go to work.
    Understanding the available QB options may not be thw greatest. IF the Colts decide to keep Wentz, Reich really needs to coach him up to be an actual leader. But, they also need to find more than one of those guys
    I liked this only because there is no loved option!

Although not all teams leadership comes from the QB, but it helps. Look at how Joe Burrow is changing the culture in Cincinnati. Yes they have new pieces on the board but he brought an attitude with him. That attitude was what Luck, good as he was, was missing. Look at the attitudes of the playoff QB’s…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Almost kickoff time for Bengals/Chiefs. All the commentators are picking KC in a close game. I'd like to see the Bengals pull this off, but I'm just hoping it's a good close game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom