Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that's accurate. Gotta have more people to catch & run the ball.
    Reich if he stays (no idea about his contract) needs to develop leaders and needs to address the play calling issues
    Is he calling plays arounjd what he has to work with. Seems he is not confident outside a certain box.
    Serious question.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Raiders look motivated to play again…
    AS to Harbough coaching them....sure. He is more than qualified.
    When he was here with the Colts, he lived by the facility on 56th street and Some of the kids on my soccer team lived close. They knew his kids. They got his son to come and play in our league. I coached my son's team and had several conversations with him at practices and games. He is a solid guy. My team won our division title. The parents of our Goalie threw a party for the kids up near where Harbough lived. He was gracious enough to come to the party and speak with our kids. Again, solid guy.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is he calling plays arounjd what he has to work with. Seems he is not confident outside a certain box.
    Serious question.
    To some degree I think so. Like I said earlier today, JT has been the biggest weapon they have. I think they could have made better use with hitting some short yardage with a TE. While it may not have as much dramatic effect short 8-15yd passes over the middle or on the corners to a TE can force the opposing D honest by not committing so many people to stop the run.
    Today Jax was no doubt playing to stop the run. They did that and by keeping the pressure on the O line couldn't hold long enough for Wentz to get set.
    Just my .02 cents

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To some degree I think so. Like I said earlier today, JT has been the biggest weapon they have. I think they could have made better use with hitting some short yardage with a TE. While it may not have as much dramatic effect short 8-15yd passes over the middle or on the corners to a TE can force the opposing D honest by not committing so many people to stop the run.
    Today Jax was no doubt playing to stop the run. They did that and by keeping the pressure on the O line couldn't hold long enough for Wentz to get set.
    Just my .02 cents
    But it makes solid sense.
    My issue was play calling. It’s obvious to most of you what I refer to so won’t beat that dead horse again.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ballard spent big on Carson Wentz (draft capitol + salary). He spent big on DeForest Buckner. He spent big on Darius Leonard. Quenton Nelson will be the highest payed offensive lineman ever.

We can argue whether or not his decisions were correct but a cheapskate he is not.
    Spending on a few but still having the largest amount of salary cap available to spend in the league.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ya’ll know I love me some stats and analytics. This one hurts. Oof.

For those that don’t know what DVOA is, it’s kinda your comparison versus the rest of the league. If a QB has a DVOA of +10%, he’s 10% better than the average QB.

Wentz this season was basically the same as 2019 Jacoby Brissett. Ouch.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Several firings came down…

Denver: Fired head coach Vic Fangio on January 9.
    Minnesota: Fired head coach Mike Zimmer and General Manager Rick Spielman on January 10.
    Chicago: Fired head coach Matt Nagy on January 10. Fired General Manager Ryan Pace on January 10.
    Miami: Fired head coach Brian Flores on January 10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom