• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The play callling, in my opinion, has been predictable, uninspired, and entirely lacking at the NFL level.

For context, the Colts are the #7 scoring team in the entire league. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Ahead of Kyler Murray and the Cardinals. Yes today was bad, but the offense is not the problem.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It seems to be the fad thing to bash Wentz. Why? NO quarterback in the NFL can accurately deliver the football when they`re being pulled down before they can even drop back and have time to set their feet and throw. So far, seemingly Indy has resisted the urge to out a running back under center. There`s a huge difference between a scrambling quarterback and a running quearterback. Personally, I have zero interest in a running quarterback. The role of the quarterback position is to delives the football down the field to receivers, if not handing off to the running back. I understand some will have different likes and expectations, but mine are to have a true quarterback, NOT a running back under center.

Although Wentz isn`t likely a franchise quarterback, he still is very serviceable and adequate. Think back to Brissett... yet, still, Wentz has shown flashes of greatness when given time to drop back, set his feet, step up and follow-thru when throwing the football.

The coaching in Indianapolis is suspect, and ultimately answerable for how this team fares. It`s the responsibility of the coaching staff to not only ensure that players are competent in the basics of their position, but as well to motivate, direct, and ensure that their team is ready to play! When the coaches call plays instead of the quarterback, (even though the quarterback can audible out of any called play), again, ultimately, the coaching staff is responsible, and the head coach most of all. The play callling, in my opinion, has been predictable, uninspired, and entirely lacking at the NFL level.

At this point, I would consider whether a change is necessary at the General Manager level as well. This team has the physical talent, but they simply are not playing consistently at the level they are clearly capable of.
    Yes the O line needs help that's nothing new. All quarterbacks have to run and scramble. Wentz just doesn't do it well unless there's a lane you could drive a truck through. Yes, when he has enough time to set his feet, set up and throw the ball and follow through he does just fine. Maybe he just doesn't have the quality of footwork to do it, I don't know. In the NFL a QB has to be able to deliver the balm down field from outside the pocket. That means on the move and that is a weakness Wentz has.
    I don't think he really knows how to lead the team. Luck, Manning, Brees, Brady, they could all lead and motivate. Wentz doesn't.

Coaching is in a bad spot for play calling for sure. A coach can direct and guide all he wants but if those who are supposed to be the heart of the team can't lead the team it doesn't take long for the wheels to fall off the bus. Reich has to teach the team leaders to be leaders.

There's plenty of blame to go around

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For context, the Colts are the #7 scoring team in the entire league. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Ahead of Kyler Murray and the Cardinals. Yes today was bad, but the offense is not the problem.
    You have posted a lot of stats on Wentz this season, the one that seems most lacking tome is is yards in so many games. With an average of about 210 passing per game that is just not enough to win a super bowl no matter how good the rushing attack is. His passing barely covers the field a little over twice a game. That is a lot of yards the rest of the team must cover to win…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You have posted a lot of stats on Wentz this season, the one that seems most lacking tome is is yards in so many games. With an average of about 210 passing per game that is just not enough to win a super bowl no matter how good the rushing attack is. His passing barely covers the field a little over twice a game. That is a lot of yards the rest of the team must cover to win…

He’s middle of the pack in passing yards.

Some of that is Wentz. Some of that is the help around Wentz. He has no one outside of Michael Pittman Jr. Seriously.

Pittman had 1,082 yds

The next closest Colts receiver?

Zach Pascal with …… 384 yds

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Wentz is the man next year again. (Average)
    JT is the man next year. (Good)
    Wide receiver 2 (free against or draft)
    Darrius back leading the defense.(good)
    Pass rusher (free agent expensive so draft )

still need left tackle

ballard is good GM but he is a cheap skate. I know the colts made offer to Stanford but he chose the rams.
    maybe make a play for one of the most hated QB’s in the league in ARRON RODGERS. Have them make a play for adams but I think he gets the franchise tag. Spend it and make a good super bowl push.
    ps the rams need to win this year or next cause they shot the load for a few years after this.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Wentz is the man next year again. (Average)
    JT is the man next year. (Good)
    Wide receiver 2 (free against or draft)
    Darrius back leading the defense.(good)
    Pass rusher (free agent expensive so draft )

still need left tackle

ballard is good GM but he is a cheap skate. I know the colts made offer to Stanford but he chose the rams.
    maybe make a play for one of the most hated QB’s in the league in ARRON RODGERS. Have them make a play for adams but I think he gets the franchise tag. Spend it and make a good super bowl push.
    ps the rams need to win this year or next cause they shot the load for a few years after this.

Ballard spent big on Carson Wentz (draft capitol + salary). He spent big on DeForest Buckner. He spent big on Darius Leonard. Quenton Nelson will be the highest payed offensive lineman ever.

We can argue whether or not his decisions were correct but a cheapskate he is not.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I’m not sure the logic in this. Team has the most pro bowl players and the GM failed to provide talent?
    The logic is this: NOT in the playoffs, and team play is dead. Not inspired. I said the colts have the physical talent, but no motivation, no inspiration, no coaching...

They have players in the pro bowl due to their physical attributes and talent, but the coaching is sadly lacking. Thank you for reinforcing my point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The logic is this: NOT in the playoffs, and team play is dead. Not inspired. I said the colts have the physical talent, but no motivation, no inspiration, no coaching...
    But you were putting that on the GM and that is not in his job description that I know of…

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Ballard spent big on Carson Wentz (draft capitol + salary). He spent big on DeForest Buckner. He spent big on Darius Leonard. Quenton Nelson will be the highest payed offensive lineman ever.

We can argue whether or not his decisions were correct but a cheapskate he is not.
    He`s not that good. He hit on deals that Stevie Wonder could have seen were great deals. The head coach is a liability and Ballard signed off on, and is sticking with that mess.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Ok, here`s MORE of the ignorance and freaking stupidity thrown at Carson Wentz specifically and the unconstitutional vaccine mandates in general. Open memo to this moron writer, vaccinated or not, you can contract and spread the virus. Sheesh. Ignorant, stupid people!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok, here`s MORE of the ignorance and freaking stupidity thrown at Carson Wentz specifically and the unconstitutional vaccine mandates in general. Open memo to this moron writer, vaccinated or not, you can contract and spread the virus. Sheesh. Ignorant, stupid people!

Doyel blocked me on Twitter a long time ago :rofl:

He’s had a personal vendetta against Carson the whole season and it’s disgusting that IndyStar still employs him. Though I guess that’s not really surprising given that it’s the IndyStar…

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Suck: embraced. But only so much for me. I simply don’t get emotionally invested in pro sports teams like I used to. However, I don’t get as emotionally invested in auto racing as I used to either and that says a lot if you know where I come from. Only so much emotion to invest these days and the vast majority goes to my family with a little bit left over for auto racing and aviation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom