• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am amazed the Texans went for the win, won a worthless game, and pizzing away the number one pick. Why? Now QB needy teams have a trading partner to leap frog the Texans for a QB.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hopefully it was because they have integrity and that is what they are paid to do. But probably not.

“Texans head coach Lovie Smith said after the game that there was no consideration given to taking the foot off the gas in order to get the top pick.”

“This is an option that I had,” Smith said, via Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com. “So, you’re saying, ‘Hey guys, play in this last game, all that you’ve been working for your life, you play to win, forget that. Lose the game on purpose.’ Like, that will be a hard one to get by. They won’t expect me to say that. I didn’t. What we work on each week, our game plan, has been to win the game. It’s kind of simple as that. That’s what we follow through on the day.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Coaching carousel begins.

Besides the Bronco’s, Colts, and Panthers,

(Love) Smith may not be around to work with anyone that the Texans draft anyway. Sunday began with word that he, Genera Manager Nick Caserio, or both will be fired in the near future.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the feeling in building is that Rams coach Sean McVay is more likely to leave than to stay.

Kingsbury is the likeliest candidate to lose his job ahead of Black Monday. The 43-year old inked a five-year extension ahead of the 2022 season, with some reports saying he's set to earn $5.5 million a year. It seems unlikely that he'll stick around for the entirety of that deal, given the Cardinals' struggles this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom