• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The problem with the idea that the Colts will get better once they get healthy is that NFL teams don't normally get healthier as the season goes on. My question is why on earth they always seem to start the season already on life support?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Carson "Whince"...

Fractured wrist 2015
    Rib fracture 2016
    ACL tear 2017
    LCL tear 2017
    Vertebrae fracture 2018
    Concussion 2020 (2019 season playoffs)

Why would anyone think this guy is the answer?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Carson "Whince"...

Fractured wrist 2015
    Rib fracture 2016
    ACL tear 2017
    LCL tear 2017
    Vertebrae fracture 2018
    Concussion 2020 (2019 season playoffs)

Why would anyone think this guy is the answer?

Yeah football’s really easy on the internet….

What’s your sure-fire answer for our next franchise quarterback?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yes for a year.
    That was the plan with Philip Rivers. How'd that work out?

With Wentz the Colts risk getting stuck in the purgatory zone of teams that flirt with the playoffs but don't get in. Maybe an eight, nine win season that earns a middle of the round draft pick.

In today's NFL it's better to be terrible than mediocre. If this season turns into a lost one (still way too early on that) they should be looking to get Eason playing time to see if there is anything there. Let Wentz try and get healthy and see where you are at draft time.

I think the o-line will come together, but it needs to be soon. Wentz missed a couple of easy hot reads against the Rams because of the blitz. They have to give him more time to get through the progressions. Especially without Hilton out there on the edge drawing the opposing defensive secondary out of the box.

And the secondary needs to step up. They were the soft spot last week in a defensive that can't play "bend but don't break" forever.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah football’s really easy on the internet….

What’s your sure-fire answer for our next franchise quarterback?

Would you bet on a horse that has been injured in every race? I would rather watch a promising rookie than this. This was a stupid move, I'm on record before it went down saying this was a dumb move. This is exactly what I expected ( though I hoped for different) when the rumors started. Just like MCgrease said playing this injury prone QB, now injured again, is a recipe for terrible draft picks. I'm a big pro football fan, I can suffer through the downs for longer gain, but I want a winner, not a mediocre team that wins just enough to keep Irsays pockets full...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Would you bet on a horse that has been injured in every race? I would rather watch a promising rookie than this. This was a stupid move, I'm on record before it went down saying this was a dumb move. This is exactly what I expected ( though I hoped for different) when the rumors started. Just like MCgrease said playing this injury prone QB, now injured again, is a recipe for terrible draft picks. I'm a big pro football fan, I can suffer through the downs for longer gain, but I want a winner, not a mediocre team that wins just enough to keep Irsays pockets full...
    Having seen how Wentz was injured this time I can say why is that on him. No offensive line protection and his leg was contorted past what you and I could be walking on now. He is running for his life back there.
    not covering for a poor pick by the front office just stating a fact.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

You should go through every 1st round QB taken in the last decade and see how they all faired. It’s basically spinning a roulette wheel. You want to be the Browns? Seems like they’ve drafted a top-5 QB every other year for like two decades, and how has that turned out for them? The Colts were extremely lucky to go from Manning to Luck. That’s seriously only happened a handful of times in the history of the NFL. How many true “winners” are there playing QB at any given time? Maybe two or three? Out of the 100 + QB’s, only a handful are truly special. So yeah it’s easy to say the Colts should just tank and draft their next QB of the future, but that’s as much of a crap shoot as betting on Wentz staying healthy, if not more.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Uncle Jim wants a Super Bowl.

I think that is why the aging vet QB willing to play for an average salary is the route they have been running,(see what I did there)

Get the o line together. Get the receiving Core to average. Young defense with selective backups for injury.

free agent a vet quarterback and allow him to bring a receiver he plays with along for the ride. It worked well in Tampa.
    I thought Matt Statdord was the one but he wanted the rams over the colts. I do think they tried to get him during the fire sale.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Having seen how Wentz was injured this time I can say why is that on him. No offensive line protection and his leg was contorted past what you and I could be walking on now. He is running for his life back there.
    not covering for a poor pick by the front office just stating a fact.

All QB's take hits. Some can take it, some cannot. Some know how to minimize a hit, some do not. Take Joe Burrow, he is a good QB, and has lost one season to injury, to me that is a negative to his overall value, but not a deal breaker. When he loses 3-4 seasons, to me, that is a deal breaker, no matter the circumstances...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All QB's take hits. Some can take it, some cannot. Some know how to minimize a hit, some do not. Take Joe Burrow, he is a good QB, and has lost one season to injury, to me that is a negative to his overall value, but not a deal breaker. When he loses 3-4 seasons, to me, that is a deal breaker, no matter the circumstances...
    Even Luck could not withstand the barrage,

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans win divisions.

Then there are three wildcards to be filled from Browns, Pats, Raiders, and Steelers. Broncos have also looked good. Just where do the Colts fit into this?

The only way I see is for the Colts to win the division over the Titans, hence the importance of tomorrow's game. I do not see splitting with the Titans as a viable way to the playoffs...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This game is in the bag. Why am I so confident you ask? Because I'm NOT having hot wings today. I'm going with shrimp cocktail for my game time munchies! :rockwoot: ;)

And if that doesn't work, I will blame @foszoe .

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    This game is in the bag. Why am I so confident you ask? Because I'm NOT having hot wings today. I'm going with shrimp cocktail for my game time munchies! :rockwoot: ;)

And if that doesn't work, I will blame @foszoe .
    Shrimp as your slump buster over wings.
    you might like your slump buster more than your regular hook up. A true slump buster should be like big K hotdogs and bargain basement chips.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom