Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah I meant rookie in the never-taken-a-snap sense. I heard Kevin Bowen say something like he only took 30 snaps in practice the entire season last year. That’s hilariously low.
    Certainly, an undesirable position to be in, after engaging in a "blockbuster" deal during the offseason to secure a franchise QB. Now, we've signed some vet off the street (former Packers backup QB Brett Hundley) - I'm guessing mostly as a camp body.

If any of the three of those QBs are the starter through the (brutal) first five weeks of the season, the Colts will likely be writing off 2021 - unless the defense looks like the 2000s Baltimore Ravens.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Certainly, an undesirable position to be in, after engaging in a "blockbuster" deal during the offseason to secure a franchise QB. Now, we've signed some vet off the street (former Packers backup QB Brett Hundley) - I'm guessing mostly as a camp body.

If any of the three of those QBs are the starter through the (brutal) first five weeks of the season, the Colts will likely be writing off 2021 - unless the defense looks like the 2000s Baltimore Ravens.

Ballard may well end up keeping that 1st rounder for next year that was part of the Wentz trade deal

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We could see a breakout QB in the draft pick we got outta Texas.
    6th round pick maybe better than the redhead we had at QB before he got hurt.

ps I think Mitch Trebiski is available. Colts have marlin Mack and J Taylor to grind time off the clock, so take the under on overall score starting off the season.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I hear lots of people saying that, but I see it as an overall loss. It's like, rooting for your team to suck so you can get a higher draft pick.

Agreed. I’d much rather a healthy Wentz then a late 1st rounder.

Those first five games are brutal for sure. Have to go at least 2-3 to even have a chance. I think 3-2 would be more likely with a healthy Wentz, but we’ll see.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

ps I think Mitch Trebiski is available. Colts have marlin Mack and J Taylor to grind time off the clock, so take the under on overall score starting off the season.

There’s a reason Ellinger went in the 6th round. It’s Eason’s team for now.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Update on Wentz

9Vvjyuj.jpg

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Trubisky is a Buffalo Bill but Blake Bortles is now available!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Update: Carson Wentz is scheduled to have surgery today and will miss 5-12 weeks. So he will most likely be out for the hardest part of the schedule. An 0-5 start is not out of the realm of possibility.
    Well crap! Wonder what Philip Rivers is up to these days.
    Did I hear right they brought in Hundley the former back up QB from the Packers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom