• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ballard said he didn’t think any viable QB’s would be there at 21 or wherever our 1st round pick is. So it’s gonna cost a hefty price to trade up into the top 10 if there’s a guy that they really believe in. Other thing is there are a lot of teams in front of us that also need QB’s. My guess is they’ll bring back Jacoby and another veteran free agent to compete for the starting roll. Definitely not ideal.

Definitely not ideal at all. Yeah pretty sure Jacoby isn't going anywhere but I do wonder if he is still under contract or is he a free agent?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Definitely not ideal at all. Yeah pretty sure Jacoby isn't going anywhere but I do wonder if he is still under contract or is he a free agent?
    Free agent. He wants to be a starter so everybody assumed he was gone after last year because Rivers would play another year, but now it almost makes sense to bring him back to compete for a starting roll.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah and unfortunately that will probably be an expensive retainer fee lol.
    Why? Brissett proved he is a backup QB in the NFL. He's not THE guy and won't be paid like one. He's a 29 year old backup in 2021 who might be forced to play and won't and can't win you a championship.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Here’s a list of free agent QB’s:

pMNgCg6.jpg

0EV7c3h.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Word swirling around the interwebs that Matt Eberflus is the early favorite for the head coaching position in Houston.

What an off-season lol

Colts lose their starting quarterback, starting left tackle, offensive coordinator, and potentially defensive coordinator.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Why? Brissett proved he is a backup QB in the NFL. He's not THE guy and won't be paid like one. He's a 29 year old backup in 2021 who might be forced to play and won't and can't win you a championship.
    I say that because he maybe able to leverage a better deal than he is actually qualified for.
    I fully agree he isn't THE guy and I don't think he has the skill set to be one of the best in the league. I think he is a great back up but that's the best he can do

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So with Stafford on the board and Watson now probably on the board (despite what the Texans say Watson is acting like he’s not coming back) do the colts really have a shot at either? Pundits seem to think SF has the best shot at Stafford but Colts are in the running though.

Watson? Obviously, being from the same division it’s unlikely. But he’s younger, and probably better as a result. But a long shot.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So with Stafford on the board and Watson now probably on the board (despite what the Texans say Watson is acting like he’s not coming back) do the colts really have a shot at either? Pundits seem to think SF has the best shot at Stafford but Colts are in the running though.

Watson? Obviously, being from the same division it’s unlikely. But he’s younger, and probably better as a result. But a long shot.

0% chance we get Watson. Honestly I don’t think there’s any way Houston let’s him go.

Stafford would be awesome, but there’s four or five teams in the mix for him. Somebody’s gonna have to blink. I’m guessing a team gets desperate and gives up too much draft capitol for Stafford. I really do hope we get him. He’s got three or four good years left. That’s a good window with the nucleus of talent we have right now. Reports came out today that the Niners aren’t actually interested, but you never know what to believe until it comes out of Ballard’s or Stafford’s mouth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And there it is. Stafford to the Rams for probably more than he’s worth. Ballard for sure wasn’t paying that much.

bOG9hnL.jpg
    So much for pundits. Rams weren’t even on any lists of prospects that I saw.

About Watson, if a star player at a key position just flat out doesn’t want to be on the team, they’ll typically get traded. But, David Cully, who just signed on as the Texans’s head coach, said he took the job knowing Watson was the QB. So who knows. Maybe Cully will convince Watson to stay.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So much for pundits. Rams weren’t even on any lists of prospects that I saw.

About Watson, if a star player at a key position just flat out doesn’t want to be on the team, they’ll typically get traded. But, David Cully, who just signed on as the Texans’s head coach, said he took the job knowing Watson was the QB. So who knows. Maybe Cully will convince Watson to stay.

The GM said flat out in a press conference they have no interest in trading Watson. Whether that’s just posturing or not remains to be seen. I’m guessing they play hardball and put it in Watson’s court. He gets fined like $50k a day or something stupid if he just doesn’t show up. McAfee was saying it could cost Watson like $20-something million to sit out this year if he chooses to do that. Then the whole thing would start all over again next season because he would still be under contract. Watson signed a four year deal to play in Houston so this is kinda on him too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The GM said flat out in a press conference they have no interest in trading Watson. Whether that’s just posturing or not remains to be seen. I’m guessing they play hardball and put it in Watson’s court. He gets fined like $50k a day or something stupid if he just doesn’t show up. McAfee was saying it could cost Watson like $20-something million to sit out this year if he chooses to do that. Then the whole thing would start all over again next season because he would still be under contract. Watson signed a four year deal to play in Houston so this is kinda on him too.
    It’s kinda on Watson’s agent for not putting the promises the Texans made to him in the contract, if it was all that important to him.

Watson is being a little bit of a drama queen if he feels that disrespected over not having any say in the GM hire after being promised. In the grand scheme of things, given his contract, it seems really trivial to sane people.

I guess we’ll find out how disrespected he feels when we see how many days deep into that fine he goes. And then he may play, and just not try all that hard. Or, maybe Culley could strike a good relationship and all would be well.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Rams certainly overpaid for Stafford. No way was Indy going to offer anything near that, and rightfully so. No QB worth first round pick in this year's draft is falling to Colt's pick. I had hoped Rivers would go another year to give them some options, but so be it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom