• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It`s only gouging if it`s a necessity and the prices being run up are causing hardship and suffering. For a firearm, it`s simply supply and demand. Demand is much higher than there is supply to meet it.
    It seems any new gun right now when introduced first goes through a 'gouging' phase, just like the 650.00 SPFD SA-35's going for over 1K. The Pythons started off high and now I routinely see them 150.00-200.00 under MSRP, you just have to be patient and know they are going to go through the gouge phase.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It seems any new gun right now when introduced first goes through a 'gouging' phase, just like the 650.00 SPFD SA-35's going for over 1K. The Pythons started off high and now I routinely see them 150.00-200.00 under MSRP, you just have to be patient and know they are going to go through the gouge phase.
    But it`s not gouging. It`s the market, (demand), setting the worth of a product.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But it`s not gouging. It`s the market, (demand), setting the worth of a product.

It`s only gouging if it`s a necessity and the prices being run up are causing hardship and suffering. For a firearm, it`s simply supply and demand. Demand is much higher than there is supply to meet it.

You seem to get it but then add that comment about “necessity”. No matter the item, economists have shown the acts often referred to as gouging are actually beneficial to all by best allocating scarce resources and stopping hoarding…

fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    I picked up a 4" model at Sportsman's Warehouse in Greenwood last week for MSRP. They didn't have any 3" or 6" models. I feel a little grateful that I waited not only to find it at MSRP, but also because according to some early reviewers, there were issues with some of the Pythons that hit the shelves in 2020 - sounds like it was rare, but I'm guessing even less likely now.

Top Bottom