• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have no experience with the VA but I'm sure they can handle routine procedures just fine. There is nothing to worry about with this procedure. I had my fifth colonoscopy just last Tuesday. Fasting and being tied to a toilet is a bit inconvenient but it's just 24 hours out of your life. You'll be fine.

The prostate exam takes 5-10 seconds and is nothing to worry about either.
    I had one done a few years ago and it was very clear that the doctor didn't like to be reminded of his career choice. Man he went in there with a vengeance!:boxing:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I would hate having an afternoon appointment. Mine have always been scheduled for the mornings. I'd be really starving by afternoon! :):
    Yeah prep reminded me of my life. I felt this huge emptiness.

Then I woke up, ate a cheeseburger in my favorite bar near the hospital, drank a budweiser and I was ready to come back on INGO!

I miss being 10.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It is funny, but I haven't ate since Tuesday night, but I'm not really that hungry.
    Will let you know this afternoon.
    Same, once you get to that point, you’re fine.
    I always think of it as a fresh start, turning over a new leaf, time to do things right, get back on track, time to eat healthy!
    And then my wife asked me if I wanted to stop at mcd’s for chicken nuggets and I said yes :(.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I would hate having an afternoon appointment. Mine have always been scheduled for the mornings. I'd be really starving by afternoon! :):
    I've always done mine in the morning. You have to start the prep earlier the previous day. But you are done with the procedure before noon. And ready for some lunch!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a colonoscopy a bit over 5 years ago (am due for another one).
    They told me I'd either be out, or if I wasn't I'd be pretty buzzed and not care.

I remember waking up and seeing the video of it on the monitor.
    They removed a few polyps with a hot loop wire thing and sent them to be checked.
    I was so buzzed I laid there watching it and didn't have a care in the world.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    My old boss got diagnosed with colon cancer this past year. After talking to him about it, I started getting worried that I might have it. When I talked to my GP, she said I was too young to be getting a colonoscopy, since I'm not 40 yet. I also have a fear of going under and never waking up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom