• ...and so much more!
  • Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Got my appointment with the colon snake two weeks from tomorrow. My doc has me prep with a gallon of Miralax solution. I think this will be my fifth time.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Thanks for the tip, it looks like it can be refrigerated. absolutely going to chill it before.
    Definitely chill it before... Helps take the edge off of drinking it.

Luckily my insurance picks up the tab every 5 years. I didn't do the Cologuard either due to fear of false positive. Had it done late summer of '19 and removed a couple polyps.

You'll do fine.

:ingo:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey now...I ain't talking about agreement : I am talking about sense of humor.
    iu

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Had my first a few weeks ago, 4 dulcolax, and a bottle of miralax in 2 gatoraids. Clean bill except for minor internal hemorrhoids. Come back in 10 yrs. Dr recommended to not put the photos up on facebook.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Here in a couple of years this dreaded procedure may be made a lot easier. There is a company that has developed a way of doing this in the comfort of your home and without needing to see clearly now (no prep)......

BTW......Not to be so serious and give you all a chuckle. My butthole doctor was Dr. Gross, he recently passed away. The first time I had a colonoscopy they had me all doped up, rolled me into the room and Dr. Gross walks up and introduces himself......in my drunken state I thought it would be funny to ask him if that had always been his real name or if he changed it when he became a butthole Doctor. I never got an answer and didn't wake up for 5 hours........pretty sure he didn't think it was funny. He was a good man.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My appointment is today. Going through the last bit of prep or should I say the prep is going through me LOL.
    Best of luck. I am due for my second ever next year. For my first I limited myself to liquids only 48 hours out and the prep went very smoothly. Never felt any discomfort during or after.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Curious if anyone had the procedure done at the VA. I’m scared to death to have one done but it must be done as well as the prostate exam.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Curious if anyone had the procedure done at the VA. I’m scared to death to have one done but it must be done as well as the prostate exam.
    Can’t speak to the VA.
    Are you scared of an IV? If not, there is nothing to worry about.
    Are you scared of going under? Don’t be, enjoy the ride.
    Are you scared of pooping your pants during the prep? Meh, not pooping your pants is overrated.

Are you scared of the letter you get after the procedure telling you about results? Ok, now we’re talking.
    I got my letter today, they had removed something like 7 polyps. What are the odds that there were that many and something is not coming back pre-cancerous? Very low. I guess. So pre-cancerous, everything was removed, come back in three years. Not what you want to hear, but it’s better than having a problem and not hearing about it, until it’s too late.

So, nothing to be scared of, except not living a full healthy life until the very end, living up to full potential. Education and follow through on that knowledge is key.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm part of the "million man" study group and had it done there a few years ago. Not my first one, but the first at the VA. I couldn't detect any difference in their methods from any other.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I have no experience with the VA but I'm sure they can handle routine procedures just fine. There is nothing to worry about with this procedure. I had my fifth colonoscopy just last Tuesday. Fasting and being tied to a toilet is a bit inconvenient but it's just 24 hours out of your life. You'll be fine.

The prostate exam takes 5-10 seconds and is nothing to worry about either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom