• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Colon cancer history on my father's side, so I get the deal every three years. Done it often enough it seems like no big deal. I'd rather get that than go to the dentist! The dulcolax/miralax/gaterade mix works well for me.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Colon cancer history on my father's side, so I get the deal every three years. Done it often enough it seems like no big deal. I'd rather get that than go to the dentist! The dulcolax/miralax/gaterade mix works well for me.
    That is the same prep as they have me us.
    It is not that big of a deal.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Well just go off the phone with the place. Looks like they will be billing me for diagnostic instead of preventative so it's going cost me this time. Probably north of a grand since I haven't hit my deductible yet. Guess I'll use the Trump/Biden bucks we got :)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. The question seems to be in regards to Cologuard; "skipping the "free" probe, and possibly getting a positive (true or false) which results in a probe that you have to pay out the ass for?" Seems like a bit of a crap shoot to me.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Made it out alive.
    Struggled to wake up, nurse said it was because I didn’t sleep well, because the prep didn’t work well for me.
    Interesting how the prep works well for some though. I’d just rathe be empty and be done with it.

Im paying for this whole thing as our deductible hasn’t been met so that’s no fun either. Pay to play I guess.
    5 polyps removed so we’ll wait on the letter, but doc seemed positive.

Well worth the peace of mind - if you need to do it, pull the trigger.

24 hours without food, and I don’t know what I want to eat….it seems line it should be a fresh start or something, and I need to make some improvements, but brownies and chips and salsa and ice cream sure sounds good…

Remember, just do it if you need to.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The first time I went with the Cologuard.

And wouldn't you know I tested positive.

Thankfully it was a false positive, but I wasn't happy.

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Made it out alive.
    Struggled to wake up, nurse said it was because I didn’t sleep well, because the prep didn’t work well for me.
    Interesting how the prep works well for some though. I’d just rathe be empty and be done with it.

Im paying for this whole thing as our deductible hasn’t been met so that’s no fun either. Pay to play I guess.
    5 polyps removed so we’ll wait on the letter, but doc seemed positive.

Well worth the peace of mind - if you need to do it, pull the trigger.

24 hours without food, and I don’t know what I want to eat….it seems line it should be a fresh start or something, and I need to make some improvements, but brownies and chips and salsa and ice cream sure sounds good…

Remember, just do it if you need to.
    Did you drink the magnesium citrate all at once or a little at a time? I have a bottle to drink this Wednesday and I'm a little concerned that it won't work well (not for a colonoscopy, but to do shock wave treatment to break up a large kidney stone).

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Did you drink the magnesium citrate all at once or a little at a time? I have a bottle to drink this Wednesday and I'm a little concerned that it won't work well (not for a colonoscopy, but to do shock wave treatment to break up a large kidney stone).
    Honestly that bottle was the worst part of the whole deal - sorry. Not by a lot, but it was tough.
    Lots of little sips, some drinks, thought I was going to hurl but never did. Discovered sips of water between drinks helped. Took 5 or 10minutes to get it down.
    If you can guzzle it, do it.
    Also, research if it should be refrigerated, part way through I wondered if that would help.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Honestly that bottle was the worst part of the whole deal - sorry. Not by a lot, but it was tough.
    Lots of little sips, some drinks, thought I was going to hurl but never did. Discovered sips of water between drinks helped. Took 5 or 10minutes to get it down.
    Also, research if it should be refrigerated, part way through I wondered if that would help.
    Oh I mixed mine up and got it good and cold before drinking it. It had some kind of citrus flavor packet that came with it, and kind of reminded me of really watered down Gatorade. This last time they let me drink Ensure during the "fasting", which was much more satisfying than drinking beef or chicken broth.

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks for the tip, it looks like it can be refrigerated. absolutely going to chill it before.

Top Bottom