• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Bumping an old thread as I am T-minus 5 hours from my second in a lifetime colonoscopy. Second dose of prep is down and bowel explosions anticipated in >1 hour. No solid food for the last 48 and I am looking forward to dinner.
    Good news everyone! Clean bill with no polyps in sight. So a hearty thank you and see you in 10 years!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's not near as bad as it sounds.

Note to self: Never tell a urologist that protology exams have never felt uncomfortable in the past. He made sure to do it the right way. I left feeling so violated.
    I know 3 people who have had the camera up the Johnson and they all said it was horrid! Hopefully they can do it while I’m out for my bladder surgery but I won’t know until after another CT Scan. Anyway my fingers are crossed….

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I know 3 people who have had the camera up the Johnson and they all said it was horrid! Hopefully they can do it while I’m out for my bladder surgery but I won’t know until after another CT Scan. Anyway my fingers are crossed….
    If you are having bladder surgery, I am sure that they can scope you then for sure.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Been there done that.
    It's insane and they have two styles one for adults and one for children. The one for boys is the one you want to ask for.
    If I have to go through that again I'm going to ask for sedation.
    I had a bad kidney/bladder infection and the urethra was full of infection as well. It was torture. No numbing, no pain meds. I'll not do that again without sedation.
    This was many many years ago. I hope there is a better way of doing it now.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    August of 2022 I had 3 colonoscopy‘s in a little over 2 weeks. Not because I like them but because the first one was routine and doctor found a large polyp that he didn’t feel comfortable taking out then. I had to reschedule in 2 weeks so I had to prep again, polyp was removed. The next day I started loosing a lot of blood, went to the ER and was admitted in the hospital because where they removed the polyp the clamp came off. I had to prep again in order for them to go back and fix the leak.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    This is odd timing. I am due for my first one next week.. Was really odd when I saw this resurface
    First one?

Was the original post not yours, just something you found elsewhere and reposted for humor?

Either way, I'm really not looking forward to the day I need one. And I'm quite a ways off (hopefully) but already dreading it. Any time the word comes up I my heart sinks.

My best friend in high school had to get one when we were 16 for an issue he had and I stayed with him that Friday night when he drank the concoction they gave him. The weirdest thing is he was barely affected by that. He went once the whole night for just what he described as a less than normal trip.

But he was awake for the actual procedure and he described it as being nightmare fuel.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    First one?

Was the original post not yours, just something you found elsewhere and reposted for humor?

Either way, I'm really not looking forward to the day I need one. And I'm quite a ways off (hopefully) but already dreading it. Any time the word comes up I my heart sinks.

My best friend in high school had to get one when we were 16 for an issue he had and I stayed with him that Friday night when he drank the concoction they gave him. The weirdest thing is he was barely affected by that. He went once the whole night for just what he described as a less than normal trip.

But he was awake for the actual procedure and he described it as being nightmare fuel.
    If you haven't figured it out yet. This is an old man thread. We also are prone to forgetting. :lmfao:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Aren't all threads on ingo old man threads? ;)
    welcome-to-the-hotel-california-such-a-lovely-place-such-a-lovely-face-silly-comic-meme.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Been there done that.
    It's insane and they have two styles one for adults and one for children. The one for boys is the one you want to ask for.
    If I have to go through that again I'm going to ask for sedation.
    I had a bad kidney/bladder infection and the urethra was full of infection as well. It was torture. No numbing, no pain meds. I'll not do that again without sedation.
    This was many many years ago. I hope there is a better way of doing it now.
    I have two issues that two separate doctors are working on in that area. The one wanted to do the camera now but spoke with his partner and depending on what the CT shows they’re going to decide if it can be done laparoscopically under conscious sedation or I need regular surgery under general anesthesia. In either option he “thinks” the camera procedure can be done then and then the surgeon take over. Im praying everything can be done under conscious sedation.
    The camera guy said that he knew the procedure was “uncomfortable” but that he uses a numbing solution and it only last about 45-60 seconds. I told him 45-60 seconds could seem like a lifetime in certain situations.
    Anyway I’ll know in April. Still waiting for a year after my last stint before they do anything.

Top Bottom