• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Favorite is what's in my cup, although I do like a decent french press now an again. But usually maxwell house/folgers in the drip.

A big shout-out to Ninja Coffee maker, after 5.5 years our machine started beeping uncontrollable. A call to Ninja and they said if they can't diagnose and repair it over the phone, they would sell a new one for 30%. So a new coffee system for $50. If it would have been within a year of purchase it would be free.
    I should have tried calling them when ours died, it was a bit under a year old. But I doubt they would have covered it, it was fused to the keurig it was next to after the house fire. It was kinda funny when I showed it to the guy doing the inventory, he asked if it was a duel keurig/drip machine. I told him no, his eyes got kinda big. He was on a bluetooth earpiece telling someone who was writing it down, and he's like no I can't get a model number...
    Those look yummy! reminds me of chocolate covered coffee beans, anyone try those? I'll eat them till my hair tingles
    I love those.
    Now, Aldi brand... it's good, not great, but cheap!
    Next time I run low I'll have to try that.

I like drinking coffee made from grinding whole-bean. Meijer stores carry Meijer brand 2-pound bags of whole bean coffee at a reasonable price. Generally there is a much smaller choice of brands available in whole bean coffees.
    Try finding a coarser grind for a french press, at my local Kroger I think there is one out of a 100+.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Favorite is what's in my cup, although I do like a decent french press now an again. But usually maxwell house/folgers in the drip.

I should have tried calling them when ours died, it was a bit under a year old. But I doubt they would have covered it, it was fused to the keurig it was next to after the house fire. It was kinda funny when I showed it to the guy doing the inventory, he asked if it was a duel keurig/drip machine. I told him no, his eyes got kinda big. He was on a bluetooth earpiece telling someone who was writing it down, and he's like no I can't get a model number...
    honestly i don't think they would care, they were super helpful.
    Good customer service for a change.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Same. I can't afford good coffee when I drink 4 cups a day. For me, it's either Folgers Columbian or Maxwell House Columbian, whichever is on sale.

On a different note. Does anyone ever feel like their coffee tastes like cigarette ashes? I don't smoke and I'm not around smoke at all. Sometimes I take a drink of coffee and it tastes like I'm drinking it out of an ashtray. Don't know if it's just me or what.
    No, but sometimes I think brewing coffee smells like pee. I've seriously checked around the house to make sure one of the dogs hasn't peed.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I like BRCC better than any store bought stuff.
    I have a local roaster in Danville (Arcane coffee) that I've been hooked on now for a few years. He's got different blends depending on the week. Usually about 15 per pound. So it's not cheap but local is worth spending money on.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Being somewhat caffeine sensitive, we drink Folger's Half Caf., but I add a couple of secret ingredients to every pot. My wife says it is always the best cup of coffee when she compares it to anything she gets anywhere.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I get mine from a mom and pop shop in Goshen called the Refinery. Kicks the **** out of BRCC in my opinion. They flavor, roast, and grind their beans in house. My favorite is toasted Coconut, but ive tried them all there. Its ~$15 a bag, go through 2 bags a month. $1 a day for good coffee is an expensive i have no problem paying. I make it in an automatic Mr.Coffee and drink a 32oz mug of it every morning. Every now and then ill drink some maxwell house out of the work coffee maker but it sucks by the time i get to it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    About a year ago I was gifted a bag of JULIUS MEINL coffee beans from Austria.

I've been hooked on that coffee ever since.

I'd note that most of my coffee is consumed as straight pulls of espresso. No sugar. No cream. Julius Meinl's blend has very low acidity compared to many other coffees I've tried. It is not a super dark roast (most good espresso roasts are not dark roast). Its just very good and very smooth.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So how is everyone preparing their coffee? I've been venturing into grinding my own beans and trying various brew methods, but haven't been very pleased with the results. I've tried french press, a fancy drip coffee maker (Breville Precision) and a clever dripper, but none have made a really good cup of coffee. I've tried coffee from local roasters, as well as a couple of bags ordered from various roasters online. I've tried various grind settings, waters, temps and such, but never seem to be able to get it right. I have a Baratza Encore grinder that a local roaster recommended. I can go get a cup of Pike's Place from Starbuck's and be happy with it, but if I try to use their beans to make it at home I can't match what I get at their store. Same with BRCC Freedom Roast. Had a cup at the last NRA Convention and loved it, but making it at home thus far hasn't worked out. I was using a coffee journal to keep track of the various settings I've used for a while, but have lately just been using a Keurig making a subpar cup of coffee since what I make fresh is generally worse and takes more time. Thought I'd post here and get ideas from other coffee drinkers.

Top Bottom