• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been drinking a lot of Julius Meinl espresso. They have a shop in Chicago but just get the beans off their website and they ship to my doorstep. Been drinking these for a couple years. Usually 2 double shots in the morning, typically another double shot in the early afternoon. Black, no sugar.

https://shop.meinl.com/default/coff...o-spezial-super-premium-whole-beans-1-kg.html

Occasionally I'll drink LaVazza but I found the Meinl to be smoother.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I like brickhouse coffee(indy), deathwish(albeit expensive), usually just by whatever is on sale(folgers black silk preferred). I have french press,mr. coffee, & a kuerig(reusable pods).

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. That stuff is awful!!!

Eight O'Clock Whole Bean coffee. Still the best after all these years.

Maxwell House or Kroger's ground.

Having forced myself to learn to drink "vending machine coffee" back in the late 70's (really awful stuff back then), just about any coffee tastes good to me now. I tried everything to make that stuff taste good back then, but nothing seemed to help, so I just said screw it and stuck with black. :):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I never got the taste for it. I used to say I get my caffiene the natural way... from Mountain Dew. My plumbing is all boogered up now. I don't have any of the adrenaline reactions, and that takes caffeine with it. One time I sat own with six 16 oz cans of Red Bull, Rock Star, Monster, drank them all in one go and after the obligatory pee I came back and took a nap. I should have been shaking so fast I'd be out of focus. So what I do is keep some unroasted, unground beans to prepare for barter when the fan has become unclean. If I understand correctly, the beans have a good shelf life, but then I can put them under vacuum with water and oxygen absorbers.
    I bet nobody is going to be so particular about their boutique blends when the wolves are scratching at the door :rockwoot:

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    I'm a simple guy. Folder's medium roast or kirklands, black.

Anything but starbucks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    20200130-164922.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Those look yummy! reminds me of chocolate covered coffee beans, anyone try those? I'll eat them till my hair tingles

Oh yes! Was visiting a friend of mine once over in Evansville, eating chocolate covered beans and washing them down with espresso. Went to leave, got out on the expressway, had a white knuckle death grip on the steering wheel, eyeballs bulging, screaming "WHY THE **** IS EVERYBODY DRIVING SO ****ING SLOW!!!!!!!"
    :ugh:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    We drink a variety of free Starbucks. Daughter in Law has been at Starbucks for years, and she saves the free bags they give out to employees.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We drink a variety of free Starbucks. Daughter in Law has been at Starbucks for years, and she saves the free bags they give out to employees.

That's how I got started on Starbucks. My son would give me his weekly mark out often enough to keep me in coffee. I acquired a taste for it and continued drinking it for years after he moved away. Just recently I have switched.

BTW, my son worked there for around a year and the joined the Air Force. Because he is technically "on leave" from Starbucks in active duty, he still gets his weekly mark out and discount. He's been in the AF for 8 years now.

I do appreciate how Starbucks recognizes the armed forces.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I find BRCC mediocre and overpriced. Their marketing is great and it sells them a ton of coffee, so good for them. I’ll stick with Gevalia, Dunkin, or good old Folgers Columbian.

Could have just not found the right blend for you? I found several blends that I just didnt like, and others that were just mediocre. The one I do like I nurse. It is pretty pricey, so I tend to make a bag last a long time as a treat. Just like I dont drink from the good bottle of bourbon every sitting.

Ah-ha, "the increase in cholesterol is believed to be caused by oils called terpenes that are found in coffee, but are mostly removed by filters."

This. I switched to paper filters from reusable mesh for the wife's cholesterol. Paper filters absorb them but anything using a screen lets it right on through.

I never could take starbucks unless it was heavily doctored. Their Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream is great. :):But then that really isnt coffee anymore, is it? Dunkin is FAR better as far as coffee places go.

Just dont get me started on the new Speedway coffees. Went to hell when they quit making it by the pot and switched to the on demand brews. :puke:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    It's been almost a year since my last cup of coffee. I ran out of beans and filters at the same time and decided to give up one of my vices. When I had a Starbucks connection, I really enjoyed the Casi Cielo. When I was paying for it, Aldi and Wal Mart had some pretty good single source organic whole bean choices. I used to make mine black and stout, I'd grind just over a half cup of beans for my Mr. Coffee Jr in my classroom.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    We buy from a local coffee shop in Elkhart called the Electric Brew or from The Refinery in Goshen. I have them grind it coarse and then cold brew it in the Toddy. It’s something like 85% less acidic than hot brewed coffee. The concentrated elixir can be used for hot or iced coffee.

My acid reflux thanks me for the cold brew.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Starbucks, if I had to buy and it wasn’t on sale, then Seattle’s Best. I will get the Dunkin in a pinch.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    I've roasted my own in an old popcorn popper for decades. I buy my beans from Burman's. I buy about a hundred dollars worth of green beans at a time and that lasts my wife and I about a year. The beans keep perfectly as long as they are green. My favorites are Columbian, Brazilian, Nicaraguan, Peruvian varieties.

Top Bottom