• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just had the thought that there are a lot of his school students will probably miss him as much as some of us.

His legacy will live on in the hearts of many.
    Our youngest son is an Avon HS grad. Never had Coach for a teacher but he definitely remembered him.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Really sorry to hear this. Got to do one carry match he hosted, and take a weekly shooting class he held for 3-4 weeks. Seemed like a very caring guy.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This sucks. Blessings to his family and those closest to him. I only shot under his instruction once, but he was A+ and really helped me out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Two folks reached out to me and let me know about this. Coach and I used to partner up for a training class until I decided I needed to focus on some other things and quit teaching. It's quite a shock to me to find out he has passed on and at such a young age. My deepest condolences to his family.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    What terrible news. He clearly meant so much to so many people. I feel lucky just to have stood next to him a few times while he held a timer.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    During a class I took with him the shooter at the line fired a double charged 45 and blew the grips off his 1911.
    Coach didn't even flinch.
    One of those people that makes life better, skilled, opinionated, helpful, intelligent, fun loving and bold. He will be missed.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    It was an honor to have him teach my introduction class on 2010 (along with Rhino) he remained a great friend and mentor until the day he passed. He shot the state match (USPSA) match in September and looked great. Physically he was a little weak but still managed a top 10. His personality was as expected.

When Riverman and I visited in December, you could tell things had changed as they had to rush surgery in November and some recent testing had resulted in some discouraging news. He had basically told us then that the cancer had spread and that nothing was working.

Never did I think that 7 weeks later he'd be gone. We were scheduled to see him Thursday.

It was always an honor to share the range with him. I often road tripped with him to major matches in the region. We almost always had a good story to tell.

He never let me live down the trip to Warsaw where my water pill and excessive caffeine led to 5 stops in a 2.5 hour trip. Some of those stops off a county road off 31. So every long trip, he would ask if I had to stop about every 30 minutes or so

Of course, he'd tell people it was 10 times we had to stop. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I hope Riverman drives his "purple" truck Saturday

That was another 3 to 4 hour road trip "discussion" that turned into a 4 to 5 year "disagreement"

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Very, very sad to see this. He definitely helped me become a better shooter in just about two hours one-on-one. He was very kind and encouraging and I could see how he was given a gift to teach.

My thoughts go out to his family.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This is too big to absorb and doesn't seem real yet. I will miss seeing Coach at matches. He got me into USPSA shooting, for which I owe him greatly, and his innovative match formats made a big contribution to the shooting skills of a lot of people. It was very neat to see his gun reviews in the USPSA Front Sight magazine the past couple years. Not only that, but he raised two beautiful and fine children in Alyssa and Royce, good shooters in their own right and they should be in our thoughts and prayers now. He affected a lot of people in his too-short lifetime, and all of us who were his students at some point were very lucky to have known him.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Shocked to hear this sad news!

Coach was a great teacher and I really have enjoyed his training and shooting USPSA at Parabellum! He will be missed!!

Top Bottom