• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So glad my dad took me to CMP to get my M1 for a high school graduation gift. Continues to be the gun I am most proud to own!
    Welcome to INGO! Click forums, then introductions and greetings and introduce yourself to the group. Good bunch around here.

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    O Kelps,
    That's a great idea! I may do the same for my son.

I shot my CMP M1 this weekend. It likes 150gr Nosler Partitions and 150gr Hornady SPs and 48-49gr of Varget. I believe I'll deer hunt some private property with it next year.

Thanks, Dinny

O Kelps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2022
    Nashville, IN
    O Kelps,
    That's a great idea! I may do the same for my son.

I shot my CMP M1 this weekend. It likes 150gr Nosler Partitions and 150gr Hornady SPs and 48-49gr of Varget. I believe I'll deer hunt some private property with it next year.

Thanks, Dinny
    I loved the rifle obviously but it was also about a 10 hour drive round trip of me getting to talk to my dad the whole time that was great quality time as well. I've only just dipped my toe into reloading for it but I've loved gaining new knowledge about the rifle from starting.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    By the way, the CMP North Store at Port Clinton, Ohio will re open soon...

North Store Re-Opening - January 27, 2022

Finally what everyone has been waiting for! The North store will re-open on Thursday, January 27 and resume regular hours of Thursday-Saturday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. We will have a very limited stock of M1’s, so please be patient and expect customer buying limits to be in place. The Anniston, Alabama store will remain closed at this time. The CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park store is currently open during regular park hours. Check out our webpage for more store information at https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/.

If you have any questions, please email Melissa Hille, CMP North Store Manager, at mhille@thecmp.org.

Please be prepared to wear a mask at all times while on CMP property. The CMP may or may not require a mask to be worn by each individual during the conduct of the event. Please bring your mask with you and if instructed to wear your mask by CMP management, it must cover your nose and mouth at all times. The final decision concerning mask wearing on CMP property will be made the first morning of the event by CMP management.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    By the way, the CMP North Store at Port Clinton, Ohio will re open soon...

North Store Re-Opening - January 27, 2022

Finally what everyone has been waiting for! The North store will re-open on Thursday, January 27 and resume regular hours of Thursday-Saturday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. We will have a very limited stock of M1’s, so please be patient and expect customer buying limits to be in place. The Anniston, Alabama store will remain closed at this time. The CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park store is currently open during regular park hours. Check out our webpage for more store information at https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/.

If you have any questions, please email Melissa Hille, CMP North Store Manager, at mhille@thecmp.org.

Please be prepared to wear a mask at all times while on CMP property. The CMP may or may not require a mask to be worn by each individual during the conduct of the event. Please bring your mask with you and if instructed to wear your mask by CMP management, it must cover your nose and mouth at all times. The final decision concerning mask wearing on CMP property will be made the first morning of the event by CMP management.
    So will everyone be clamoring to boycott CMP now due to their "mask mandate" policy? It's the INGO way after all... ;)

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    So will everyone be clamoring to boycott CMP now due to their "mask mandate" policy? It's the INGO way after all... ;)
    sIKTJOg.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    North Store to open with 100 M1 Garands. Believe 1 purchase each. Great memories back in the day seeing racks and racks of good stuff. Be a early bird cause most will be gone quick.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I remember 5 years ago when the truck arrived with 20 Service Grade WRA M1Ds at the North Store. I left Friday after work, stayed in Port Clinton over night, was first in line when the North Store opened Saturday morning and brought home a rare beauty, a Tooele Army Depot M1D built in the 1960s, from a low numbered WRA receiver that dated to July of 1941, for the Vietnam War, most were put into storage and never used. It is probably the pinnacle of my M1 collection. 'The good old days!'
    9rh5ZDU.jpg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    My grandfather got me interested in garands back in the 70's compared prices from then to today they were cheap, i have only sold 2 garands that i have purchased since then, 1 to a good friend and a m1d recently it was a duplicate pretty much to my pristine one. Also my grandfather got me interested in most milsurp too, along with a uncle man i sure miss those two wealth of knowledge between them!

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I've noticed. I didnt have the extra money when they were 650..... I don't really want a higher grade, I just want one to have a piece of history and maybe shoot occasionally. I misread the ID requirements, I thought you had to be E5 to get a military exemption for membership in clubs, and I was waiting to get my ID updated to show E5... turns out thats just for non-citizens.

Top Bottom