• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nice. That makes me want to get off my ass and finally buy one.
    And me get another.

I sold mine to pay for a toy I would use more. I was considering rebarreling mine because its accuracy was minute of barn due to erosion. But Since I maybe shot 16 rounds a year, and it was my most expensive rifle to shoot, I wanted something I would actually use.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nice battle rifle! Too bad you can't sign up for a 1911 thru CMP right meow or even some othe rifles. Maybe 2022?

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    Well done. Wish I had ordered before everything went to ‘sold out’.
    If new CMP wood, at least from my experience, needs a light strip and oil. I used raw linseed (flax from the health area at Meijer), with good results after a few hours in the sun.

Attachments

• 4F22894B-292E-46DE-B5F5-44163A807DC9.jpeg
      4F22894B-292E-46DE-B5F5-44163A807DC9.jpeg
      3.2 MB · Views: 15

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have a very similar M1, Son and I drove to Port Clinton to select ours. At the time they had a limited number of rifles like yours except they had the original barrels - the original barrels gages same as new! We both purchased one and had them sent to our homes (saved a fair sum of money due to having to pay sales tax if you take it with you).
    I have a second M1 I purchased from an individual - not nearly in such nice shape as the CMP rifle.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    Nice looking rifle. Dad was a tank mechanic in the ETO WWII, while he was never issued one he always had one or two squirrelled away in the half track he worked out of. He carried a pair of revolvers as sidearms, but was always ready to rock if necessary! He loved the Garand, he always said he couldn't miss with one.

Always wanted to get him a decent CMP one, but life has a way of getting in the way. One of my big regrets was Dad passed away before I could give him one.

Top Bottom