• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    True. On the continuum between internet trained "experts" to those constantly pushing the limits, I give some due credit to those who at least get out and train, even if it's within their safe spaces. This refers to a past conversation with someone who spent tons of money on gear and training annually. One time he stated that he was going to attend the same rifle class for yet another session. I asked why he was taking the same class repeatedly. His reply- "Because I'm good at that class". Costly way to stroke your ego I guess....

That's something I've never heard of anyone saying, at least out loud!

All the classes I've repeated multiple times were because 1) I liked the instructor and the way they taught, 2) I knew it would be a little different each time, and 3) I still needed work on pretty much everything. In some cases, an added benefit were drills that would be difficult to duplicate outside of the class (like Louis Awerbuck's movers being controlled by him while he coaches/critiques you).

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    There is not much I can add to what has already been said about the class. I also encourage others to take it as well.
    Only one thing I would like to know is when will a force on force class be held near here?

JBishop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    New Albany
    There is not much I can add to what has already been said about the class. I also encourage others to take it as well.
    Only one thing I would like to know is when will a force on force class be held near here?

Good question.
    Oftentimes the courses offered reflects what a core of students request. If there's a consensus for Advanced CRG, Rifle classes, FoF, etc; then we can start looking at the logistics of making it happen.

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

As soon as we get enough interest.

FOF is arguably the most important class you can take but it can also be the most ego bruising. A lot of people avoid FOF classes simply because they would rather have fun shooting their real firearms than practice learning how to defeat a live resisting opponent and finding out that they might not be as awesome as they thought they were going to be at first. But once they absorb the material they start winning a lot more than losing and their confidence goes way up.

Shooting your live pistol is like hitting the heavy bag. FOF is like sparring. You can become a better puncher on a heavy bag...but you become a better fighter sparring.....

Last edited:

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    My ego is used to being bruised.
    I am fairly comfortable with my shooting ability and yes I know there is always room for improvement. However what I found most interesting from this class and last years Red Dot Combat pistol class was the information on disrupting your
    opponents OODA cycle and how to take advantage of that.

Last year the weather rained more and we did some indoors training and you covered more material on how to gain that split second advantage in a confrontation. That was interesting since that was new material to me.
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't FOF dive deeper into that type training?

My interest at this time is alternatives to having to shoot someone. While I want to maintain and improve my shooting skills I also want to alternatives to having to shoot someone. I have been around long to know I could if it came down to it but I just don't want to and I don't want that to be my only tool.

As soon as we get enough interest.

FOF is arguably the most important class you can take but it can also be the most ego bruising. A lot of people avoid FOF classes simply because they would rather have fun shooting their real firearms than practice learning how to defeat a live resisting opponent and finding out that they might not be as awesome as they thought they were going to be at first. But once they absorb the material they start winning a lot more than losing and their confidence goes way up.

Shooting your live pistol is like hitting the heavy bag. FOF is like sparring. You can become a better puncher on a heavy bag...but you become a better fighter sparring.....

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My ego is used to being bruised.
    I am fairly comfortable with my shooting ability and yes I know there is always room for improvement. However what I found most interesting from this class and last years Red Dot Combat pistol class was the information on disrupting your
    opponents OODA cycle and how to take advantage of that.

Last year the weather rained more and we did some indoors training and you covered more material on how to gain that split second advantage in a confrontation. That was interesting since that was new material to me.
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't FOF dive deeper into that type training?

My interest at this time is alternatives to having to shoot someone. While I want to maintain and improve my shooting skills I also want to alternatives to having to shoot someone. I have been around long to know I could if it came down to it but I just don't want to and I don't want that to be my only tool.

Yes you are correct . We definitely do spend time on OODA reset in the FOF class. If there is enough interest in the class I'd certainly be willing to schedule one up there. JBishop and I had kind of been looking at maybe a rifle class in November but we are certainly open to suggestions.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Yes you are correct . We definitely do spend time on OODA reset in the FOF class. If there is enough interest in the class I'd certainly be willing to schedule one up there. JBishop and I had kind of been looking at maybe a rifle class in November but we are certainly open to suggestions.

Rifle would be fun too :)

Top Bottom