• ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anybody else see this?
    Yesterday I saw a large postcard type mailer from the Clinton camp. What caught my eye on the card was the wooden stock of a nice looking rifle. All it said in short was look, looky at what Obama says about guns! once supporting more gun control, next saying he was all for the 2nd Amdt and third saying he *will* put the AWB back on the books. The weirdest part was that it came from Clinton... it just neglected to say *anything* about where she stands on guns... which is worse or at least the same. What a scab :xmad: how presidential

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I almost fell out of my chair when I browsed through the junk mail and saw this came from Clinton. Unbelieveable what politicians will do these days.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Well, as of this time today I have gotten no less than five calls from the Clinton campaign asking for my support in voting for her.
    Needless to say I told them in no uncertain terms how I felt about her, her position on things and that I really do not appreciate being called so many times in one day.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Which is why i always vote Libertarian:do2::rockwoot::draw::biggun::shoot:
    More freedom, less Goverment control, and the right to mess up our lives if we so desire and be TOTALLY Self responsible.

IMHO, It's a beautiful dream but in reality since we have a two party system, you're just helping the Democrats. I posted the below explanation of my thinking on the old comment board (Topix) that the Indy Red Star had before they figured out a better way to control the pro-conservative and anti-Star comments by switching to their current board. :thumbsup:

That's a wonderful dream. I tend to agree with most Libertarian viewpoints. However a vote for a Libertarian is actually going to translate as a vote for a Democrat. You see a person who decides to vote Libertarian is most likely going to be a Republican as they respect most Libertarian viewpoints (like me). There’s only a small chance that a Democrat will vote Libertarian as they would loose out on most unlimited social (open coffers) programs and other such governmental mismanaged nonsense. And since we unfortunately have a two party system and there really no chance for a Libertarian to win, all you’ve done is thrown away a vote that would have normally gone to a Republican. It’s a shame, but it’s the truth. That’s why I vote for the lesser of the TWO evils.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    IMHO, It's a beautiful dream but in reality since we have a two party system, you're just helping the Democrats. I posted the below explanation of my thinking on the old comment board (Topix) that the Indy Red Star had before they figured out a better way to control the pro-conservative and anti-Star comments by switching to their current board. :thumbsup:

That's a wonderful dream. I tend to agree with most Libertarian viewpoints. However a vote for a Libertarian is actually going to translate as a vote for a Democrat. You see a person who decides to vote Libertarian is most likely going to be a Republican as they respect most Libertarian viewpoints (like me). There’s only a small chance that a Democrat will vote Libertarian as they would loose out on most unlimited social (open coffers) programs and other such governmental mismanaged nonsense. And since we unfortunately have a two party system and there really no chance for a Libertarian to win, all you’ve done is thrown away a vote that would have normally gone to a Republican. It’s a shame, but it’s the truth. That’s why I vote for the lesser of the TWO evils.

Unfortunately a lesser of evils is still evil.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Understood and agreed. But it's GONNA happen. :dunno:

I look at the LP as Republican competition. They know that if they stray too far from their conservative values that they might loose votes to the LP and might loose the election. It would then be in their best interest to try an keep those people.

Then again, it is only a theory seeing as how they have McCain running for them. :D

Top Bottom