• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    thank you. Did my first form 4 a couple months ago with dealer help now working through a form 1 on my own. Clearly this whole program was designed to deny rights to the poor and lower middle class who pre internet could not afford the legal help needed to fill these forms out.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm in NWI but my dealer always uses the Indiana attorney general when they do my form 4s so when I started doing form 1s, that's also who I used.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    thank you. Did my first form 4 a couple months ago with dealer help now working through a form 1 on my own. Clearly this whole program was designed to deny rights to the poor and lower middle class who pre internet could not afford the legal help needed to fill these forms out.
    It was originally designed to keep Tommy guns out of the general public in mobster era. If the price of a tax stamp kept up with inflation there would be significantly less stamp collectors around. $200 is cheap now compared to $200 then.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I just bought my first suppressor last month off of Capitol Armory. I filled out the paperwork and they submitted the form 4 as an efile for me but this part never came up at all.

Do I have to send a notification myself or do they send it with the other stuff we filled out? I imagine if the silencer co kiosks send it for you then CA would as well but I never read anything on their site about this part at all.

Do I have to send it after the approval comes in or should I send it now if Capitol Armory hasn't sent it?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I just bought my first suppressor last month off of Capitol Armory. I filled out the paperwork and they submitted the form 4 as an efile for me but this part never came up at all.

Do I have to send a notification myself or do they send it with the other stuff we filled out? I imagine if the silencer co kiosks send it for you then CA would as well but I never read anything on their site about this part at all.

Do I have to send it after the approval comes in or should I send it now if Capitol Armory hasn't sent it?
    If it was submitted already then they did it. You have to name the notified CLEO on the forms.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yes. There's a section on Forms 4 and 1 that has to be filled in with:

Name
    Title
    Department name
    and address of the LE official notified

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It was originally designed to keep Tommy guns out of the general public in mobster era. If the price of a tax stamp kept up with inflation there would be significantly less stamp collectors around. $200 is cheap now compared to $200 then.

Isn't it interesting how the U.S. gov spawned the gangster era with the implementation of Prohibition 1920.
    The gangster era lead to gangland violence and events like the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
    Such violence was the supposed impetus for the Nat'l Firearms Act of 1934.
    However, Prohibition was conveniently repealed in 1933.
    The gangster era was therefore predictably over by 1938.
    Yet, we're stuck with the NFA to this day.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Yes. There's a section on Forms 4 and 1 that has to be filled in with:

Name
    Title
    Department name
    and address of the LE official notified
    Thank you so much for clarifying this.

I'm going to do a SBR form 1 soon and I think I have to do that all on my own so I'm going to have to make sure I do this all correctly.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If it was submitted already then they did it. You have to name the notified CLEO on the forms.
    There is a separate notification that you are supposed to send to the Cleo - basically a copy of your form 1/4. If you efile, the aft shouod email you a pdf copy of your form as well as a pdf of the cleo notification. I don't know if SS mails that out for you. I have always had to do it on my own. I never send it registered so who knows if it actually shows up. I feel like its mostly a courtesy anyway.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

I'm going to do a SBR form 1 soon and I think I have to do that all on my own so I'm going to have to make sure I do this all correctly.
    That’s what I just did, first one I did on my own so I guess I’ll wait 3 months to infinity to hear back on what I messed up on.

If only we could get more liberal gun owners to buy NFA items they might change their minds about supporting a ****ed up registration system

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Yeah, if you do a form 1 you have to do this all on your own. Since form 4s are more typically handled by the originating dealer on your behalf, they will usually handle the CLEO notification as part of that. The ones I've dealt with anyway.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, if you do a form 1 you have to do this all on your own. Since form 4s are more typically handled by the originating dealer on your behalf, they will usually handle the CLEO notification as part of that. The ones I've dealt with anyway.
    That's nice. None of mine ever did.

Top Bottom