• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    doddg's 629 he listed last night went lightning fast. That was a deal. No time to even react. The market for the old stuff is really strong.
    Yeah I saw it then it was sold!!!! Ugghhh!!! I have picked up a mint model 57 no dash S&W off of here as well as a very nice 70 series Colt 1911 off the classifieds as well. In between snake guns :)

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is this a story you've posted here before or one that you're willing to post more details about? I'm intrigued by what exactly it was that set your Spidey-senses tingling.
    It’s complicated…
    1st person; Sent a few pm’s and basically after contacting me gave me the run around for over a month. Once he decided to respond he wanted to go to phone immediately. I personally like pm’s to establish a written record. An agreement was reached on cost… phone call to finalize the when and where and then… bam… ”need copies of drivers license, LTCH, BOS… etc. Nothing was said up front about copies of this and records of that. I’m not opposed to revealing info to a lgs… I can go into any shop and purchase without concern. But, don’t bs me. If these are your requirements to purchase your item(s) then man up at the start and say so. Don’t f**k with me and be a dick.

Second weirdo wanted a premium prices because “private transactions increase value” and it was in my favor to purchase from him cause no paperwork. When I politely reminded him that he contacted me for a wtb and I didn’t initiate the conversation he implied to me that he was a dealer and he would ask more at a show on his table.
    At no time did he say anything about being a dealer during the course of our ”negotiations” until after I declined his stupid f**king prices. I stopped engaging at that point.

Much to my surprise… I found a dealer within 15~20 minutes drive from my darn house that carried the line and models of pistols that I was looking for.
    I purchased them at substantially lower prices than these two petulant f**k sticks offered theirs at.

On the flip side… I dealt with a couple of other guys on some pistols that they had and I couldn’t be happier! They were absolutley top shelf transactions and I would trust these guys with my life… literally!

You guys know who you are!!! Thank you for being stand up dude’s!

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    And that’s the cold/hard truth.

I once sold a 1957 210 2 door post car so I could buy an engagement ring. The story only gets worse from there so I’ll quit telling it now.
    When I was 17 I traded my '56 B210 2-door sedan for a '64 Olds Starfire and didn't regret it.

When I was 27 I sold my '67 Fairlane GTA, my colt 1911 lightweight commander and my entire old model three screw Ruger SA's collection to pay for my divorce (and so she wouldn't get 'em) and it was worth getting out of that nightmare

But the one I truly regret is when I was 57 and sold my S&W 31-1 to by a freakin' glock

What a SCHMUCK!!!!

IMG_0315.JPG

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Still looking for perfection? :)
    The glocks are what they are. Perfection? Some would argue that vehemently, but not me.

I have them because a young friend of mine buys them, gets tired of them and then I get them for a price that I would be

silly not to do it.

The old Smitties are a thing of beauty, and I lust for them.

When it comes to guns you gotta kinda be like Jesus, and love 'em all (yes even hi-points)

And that's all I have to say about that.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Huh.

Old stuff going for premium these days? I've not bought or sold in quite a while, save for a Ruger LCP 2 I needed for biking and other occasions a 1911 would be too big.

I wonder if there'd be interest in an M88/05 built in 1892? I haven't shot it in a couple years.

Might throw it up for trade and see what's offered.

As for the overpriced stuff, a lot of it makes me suspect wife demanded it be sold, and so hubby prices it so it won't sell.

Attachments

• DSC00129-1~3.jpg
      DSC00129-1~3.jpg
      125.3 KB · Views: 15

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Have you looked into any of The Shooters World powders?

I haven't personally used it, but multiple people (top shooters at that) in my HighPower club league use it with excellent results. if I'm not mistaken, the State Jr and Womens champion (yes same person) uses it. I would not hesitate to use it when I run out of my current inventory.
    --Rick

** OK, it isn't my club.. but the one I attend when I am available and want to be humbled in my shooting abilities! :)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I haven't personally used it, but multiple people (top shooters at that) in my HighPower club league use it with excellent results. if I'm not mistaken, the State Jr and Womens champion (yes same person) uses it. I would not hesitate to use it when I run out of my current inventory.
    --Rick

** OK, it isn't my club.. but the one I attend when I am available and want to be humbled in my shooting abilities! :)
    Interesting, Looks like we are going to send a hundred or so down range today.
    77 gn Sierras with 26.5 of Shooters Match behind them in 223. one rifle is a Rock River High Power rifle and the other is a 16' Bravo Gunfighter with an ACOG.
    Thanks

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Second weirdo wanted a premium prices because “private transactions increase value” and it was in my favor to purchase from him cause no paperwork. When I politely reminded him that he contacted me for a wtb and I didn’t initiate the conversation he implied to me that he was a dealer and he would ask more at a show on his table.
    At no time did he say anything about being a dealer during the course of our ”negotiations” until after I declined his stupid f**king prices. I stopped engaging at that point.
    With the username "Second weirdo" I can see where there would be issues. :rofl:

Top Bottom