• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    My last trade on here was for 22 ammo that I couldn't find for 9mm ammo the other guy couldn't find.
    Neither one of us paid overinflated covid prices and both of us parted company with range candy.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I just listed a cash sale only here ONLY because in 2021, I need to replace and not add. It's my rule. I didn't ask for trade because I found the one I want...if mine sells, I'll get the other.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My last trade on here was for 22 ammo that I couldn't find for 9mm ammo the other guy couldn't find.
    Neither one of us paid overinflated covid prices and both of us parted company with range candy.
    Ahhh, you got .22 for 5 cents a round while he got 9 mm for 10 cents. Great deal!

Or was it .22 for 20 cents a round and he got 9 mm 40 cents... LOL

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I once put up a SA Loaded in commander size for the same pistol in a government size. Talk about a narrow trade possibility. You know what? I found a guy and we traded. :)

Saved me from having to meet a guy, sell mine, then go find what I wanted and he didn't even have to list his!

But I don't even do trades anymore. I got sideways with a member on here because of some complications so now I will only sell outright.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    If this is S.O.P., then you're doing it wrong...
    "I don't make money on guns" now repeat lol. But generally speaking buying a cz75 enjoying it for a year then getting a rex alpha now the cz is pointless and sits. It's not worth what a person paid for it. Say you want a beretta 92, both similar value but you'll eat it selling your used cz to turn and buy a new 92. Where trading is mutually beneficial and removes taxes

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I once put up a SA Loaded in commander size for the same pistol in a government size. Talk about a narrow trade possibility. You know what? I found a guy and we traded. :)

Saved me from having to meet a guy, sell mine, then go find what I wanted and he didn't even have to list his!

But I don't even do trades anymore. I got sideways with a member on here because of some complications so now I will only sell outright.
    I have mixed it up a few times with numbskulls that push crap for good stuff. But people are gonna....well.......people...:):

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have mixed it up a few times with numbskulls that push crap for good stuff. But people are gonna....well.......people...:):
    There is a thing out there, I think it was called trading up, not sure though. Anyways, the point was they started with some small token item and had a goal to trade up to a valuable item. Like go from a bicycle to a motorcycle. Many times the people were successful and it just took them time and of course haggling with other people.

I rarely sell stuff. Most of the things I have I use until they are no longer worth much so I give it away, scrap it, or set a very fair price that most anyone is happy to pay if that is something they are looking for. I have never sold or traded a firearm. Have given a few away, and one time I borrowed a guy money on a real nice Sig. When he came to get it back from me he offered me 80% of what I loaned him on it. After a few polite words to explain the position he was in, he ended up paying the full 100% not realizing how lucky he was to not pay interest on it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a thing out there, I think it was called trading up, not sure though. Anyways, the point was they started with some small token item and had a goal to trade up to a valuable item. Like go from a bicycle to a motorcycle. Many times the people were successful and it just took them time and of course haggling with other people.

I rarely sell stuff. Most of the things I have I use until they are no longer worth much so I give it away, scrap it, or set a very fair price that most anyone is happy to pay if that is something they are looking for. I have never sold or traded a firearm. Have given a few away, and one time I borrowed a guy money on a real nice Sig. When he came to get it back from me he offered me 80% of what I loaned him on it. After a few polite words to explain the position he was in, he ended up paying the full 100% not realizing how lucky he was to not pay interest on it.
    I am not sure how I would have handled the 80% thing. Probably not well depending on how deep the friendship ran. If indeed it is a friend they would already know. But people have to......well.....people after all.

I am a terrible business man when it comes to parts and pieces I have and folks need. Most times I just give them away if they are not serious parts. Yu need a part for your 1911....lets see, yeah I have a couple Come and get one of them. I just enjoy helping and paying forward. And I do.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Example 1: Guy has a 12ga for HD. It's his only HD gun. He wants a 20ga. If he sells the 12ga he is without a HD gun until he can find the 20ga he wants.

Example 2: The Wife. Already discussed earlier. It could be no "more" guns, so as long as you have the same amount it's fine. It could be no more money on guns. So you could trade your 1 collectible for 2 shooters and not run afoul because you didn't spend anymore money.

Example 3: You want to go from a 16in ar to a 20in ar. You ask for current panick price, and people may think your greedy/gouging etc. Or maybe you sell for panick price, but by the time you find the 20in you want panick pricing has doubled again, and now you can't afford it.

Example 4: pretty similar to 3. You have a collectible gun that is increasing in value as time goes on, and you want another gun that is doing the same. Let's say they are both of equal value currently, and increasing in value by 10% per year. You sell yours now, but don't find the one you want for 5 years. You went from having an even trade, to needing a lot more money.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I am not sure how I would have handled the 80% thing. Probably not well depending on how deep the friendship ran. If indeed it is a friend they would already know. But people have to......well.....people after all.

I am a terrible business man when it comes to parts and pieces I have and folks need. Most times I just give them away if they are not serious parts. Yu need a part for your 1911....lets see, yeah I have a couple Come and get one of them. I just enjoy helping and paying forward. And I do.
    WAS my best friend. People thought we WERE brothers. It was a really nice 1911 and he told me he was going to sell it to another friend of ours for 1K. I told him I would give him the money and if and or when he wanted the gun back, pay me back. I put it into a case and it sat there until he came back for it. I was floored that he offered my that and told him I was not looking to sell the gun, I would just keep it. I still wish he could not of come up with the money or just did not want it back.

I am the same way as you with parts, pieces, and even helping people work on their properties. When I had time I was always happy to help people out, mostly try to teach them how to do it by themselves. When I am not available I kind of get the feeling like they think I am being a dick. I don't mind helping people out, WHEN I can. But that is what I do for a living and when I have work that pays, it kind of takes a priority over helping people out for nothing more then being fed.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Why do members post for trade only? Why not trade for green, gold or silver and buy exactly what you want? I just don't get it? Just what is gained by offering for trade only?
    Once you've gotten past being a "young gun guy" and become an old pharte who has owned two of everything at some point in your life, you reach a realization: all the really unique, neat and cool stuff is tied up in somebody else's collection. It may take years before somebody dies and it shakes loose onto the market. I have reached that point where most of the unique stuff I really want, isn't readily available for sale in gun stores. Covid-pan(dem)ic has exacerbated this. The stuff I really want is not in production anymore, and I'm not into searching Gunbroker and paying stupid money. There are like-minded people out there, and none of us wants to play the game.

The shizz of it is, if you live in a populated area, there's probably somebody within 5 or 10 miles of you who has that exact thing you're looking for, tied up in their collection, not available for sale in any gun store. If you can put out a Hail Mary and work a trade, "mine for yours," you may be able to get something that was unobtainium as a cash deal. Because he was not necessarily looking to sell, but there was something he really wanted, and you just happened to have it.

Example: my new favorite handgun is something I got from a member here, and didn't even know I was looking for one. I had a gun I didn't want anymore, he wanted it, and it turns out he had something to offer that turned out to be the best damn gun I've owned in a long time. And if I hadn't met this guy, I probably still wouldn't have one.

Honestly, my guilty desire, (I know this isn't practical), is I would like to have some way to have an INGO swap-meet where I could know what everybody else had in their collection. And just be able to approach them and say, "Hey, do I have anything in my collection I could pry that loose from you for?" Could you imagine that? If we could rent the fairgrounds or something...hell, it would have to be a week-10 days long. I'm fully convinced the state of Indiana would shut down for a week, if it ever happened. No work would get done that week, because everybody would be there.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I can't find the right phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range... maybe someone has one for trade...

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have offered to trade ammo for a specific shot gun barrel trying to intice someone to trade when cash offers did not produce. Some times you must change bait to catch.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    After reading this thread, I need to re-evaluate my classified and make a change.

INGO people have good insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't know either, I chuckle at the "Will trade me Highpoint with Extras", for a new Glock 17/19 gen 5 or fully loaded AR set up?!?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Maybe a person has a specific item he wants and is willing to trade just for that...maybe a hard to find item. Or no longer in production...if that person can't get the specif item, he's not interested in getting rid of what he has.

Top Bottom