• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question? On the 50 posts. Who makes the decision on if they are quality posts or not?

The staff/members

One liners like.."OK".....Cool....Neat.....I want one.......1...2.....3.....4....are clearly not quality posts.

Let the membership know who you are. Put something in your posts.
    Ask a question. Start a thread.

After you clear this hurdle then you can cut up with the rest of the loony toons around here......enjoy

Enjoy.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Question? On the 50 posts. Who makes the decision on if they are quality posts or not?

The mods. Because it is hard to see all posts other members will report ones they think do no follow the rules but the mods are the ones to delete nonconforming post, PM the offender, and ban if necessary.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

In the past there have been members that have literally typed the number 1 for their first post, 2 for their second post, etc. Another member bounced from thread to thread and only posted the word "cool". He tried to do this 50 times as fast as he could to gain access.

Another example is if someone says they like the Glock 19 and you go into the thread and only say "I agree" and that it. That would not be a quality post, however if you said "I agree" and gave a couple of reasons why then it would be fine.

The key is to pretty much engage in a genuine conversation. You can ask questions about anything you like. Once the answers start rolling in then interact with those that are answering them. Some people have tried to ask 50 questions that they never intended to read answers to or care who or what the response was.

50 posts isn't really that many or that difficult. There is a very wide range of knowledge on this forum. It would be a challenge to ask a question here on ANY topic and not find someone who knows about it. If you had a question of the density of material and tightness of the proper weave to use when making a basket then there is probably someone here that can tell you.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    In addition, here are some of the reasons why this rule is in place. It keeps the site as a tight knit community and keeps it from devolving into Craigslist. Here is a good thread about it. 1911ly summed it up in his first post pretty well.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

I added a little more to it in a later post detailing some examples of the things members do for other members. Same thread, later post.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...w-guys-looking-ads-section-3.html#post6415188

Here is another example that is currently going on. A general member, not a mod, is running a contest and GIVING away 3 annual site supporter memberships. This is costing him $60 for 3 random people to gain something.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ended-annual-site-supporter-subscription.html

There are many other examples scattered across the site just like this. INGO is not like any other forum you have ever been involved with.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

You know what?
    Technically, THIS ^ is a quality post.
    It poses a question on a topic that is often questioned.
    Now, if you engage in actual discussion about the responses you've received, you might get 3 or 4 quality posts in this thread alone.

Start a thread about something that interests you.
    Doesn't need to be popular, just realistic.

A thread about the trials and tribulations of standing on your head in 10' of water and stacking greasy BB's with a toothpick, you'll likely not get far very fast.

If, on the other hand, you ask which 1911 or Glock people prefer and why, well, there will be more than enough opportunity for a few dozen quality posts in a single thread.

It's up to you.
    Engage and enjoy. You'll be to 50 in no time.
    Try to game the system and you'll get nowhere even faster...

Welcome to Ingo

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The staff/members

One liners like.."OK".....Cool....Neat.....I want one.......1...2.....3.....4....are clearly not quality posts.

Let the membership know who you are. Put something in your posts.
    Ask a question. Start a thread.

After you clear this hurdle then you can cut up with the rest of the loony toons around here......enjoy

Enjoy.

What about, "Ok, cool, neat, I want one, 1,2,3,4,5?" I think I posted that when I saw the Gen 4 M. Did I mention I want one?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know what?
    Now, if you engage in actual discussion about the responses you've received, you might get 3 or 4 quality posts in this thread alone.

A thread about the trials and tribulations of standing on your head in 10' of water and stacking greasy BB's with a toothpick, you'll likely not get far very fast.

If, on the other hand, you ask which 1911 or Glock people prefer and why, well, there will be more than enough opportunity for a few dozen quality posts in a single thread.

It's up to you.

Welcome to Ingo

Well said.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You know what?

It's up to you.

Welcome to Ingo

Well...depending on what time of day it is and who's online this could take you pretty far as well. :):

Top Bottom