• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What's up with folks clearing out their classifieds adds and marking them withdrawn? Is that legit?

It leaves anyone watching without any info on what the reason for a listed but failed add?

In some cases, the add is completely empty of everything other than the word "withdrawn" ? No pics or text left at all.

I guess I may have been mistaken, but I was under the impression that even unsuccessful adds were to be left up to help future add makers best determine pricing, add structure, the local market, etc?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you see it, please report it.

Here's the rule.

8. Mark your ad or the title of your ad SOLD or TRADED once the item is sold, traded or no longer available. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold or spf. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
    Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click the SOLD icon at the top of the first post . You may also just lock the thread. Any ad marked SPF longer than 14 days will be treated as sold.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Here's the rule.

8. Mark your ad or the title of your ad SOLD or TRADED once the item is sold, traded or no longer available. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX".

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ll do that. It’s annoying.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought they were withdrawn because they couldn't get their asking price or a good offer, so they pull them down.

I could only guess that's the case? The problem with it is that it's not helpful to the rest of us to better judge what the INGO market will bear as far as asking pricing.

The age old problem of overpricing your used equipment and it not selling needs to be seen by others to help them learn what will and won't work, selling in the INGO classifieds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it is TRULY withdrawn (Ive done this once or twice due to change of heart) deleting the post is irrelevant, because there is no basis for a deal. Yeah, I may have asked $900 for my stock G19 but that doesnt mean it is WORTH that much because nobody actually ponied up the cash for it. So a truly withdrawn (and not sold) ad is no big deal.

But zeroing out a legit sold ad is a problem. Just mark it as sold and close the ad. Its not hard.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If it is TRULY withdrawn (Ive done this once or twice due to change of heart) deleting the post is irrelevant, because there is no basis for a deal. Yeah, I may have asked $900 for my stock G19 but that doesnt mean it is WORTH that much because nobody actually ponied up the cash for it. So a truly withdrawn (and not sold) ad is no big deal...
    Yet, according to :rules:, that's not allowed...

Here's the rule.

8. Mark your ad or the title of your ad SOLD or TRADED once the item is sold, traded or no longer available. DO NOT remove the pricing that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold or spf. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
    Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click the SOLD icon at the top of the first post . You may also just lock the thread. Any ad marked SPF longer than 14 days will be treated as sold.

This is the only way to end your add. :)

Last edited:

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    On another note since we are talking about the classifieds, people not answering emails but bumping there ads and even see where they are on INGO at different times???

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Withdrawal seems legit to me.

If I have something to move and it does not move here I might not want it know I have the item in my possession for the world to know.
    From what I’ve seen, it’s not legit. The same few people marking “withdrawn” after 2-3 days of being up once they sell or trade it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have marked the title before "withdrawn" when I didn't sell something because people weren't interested. (I wasn't getting any offers at all.) However, I didn't even consider removing everything outta the thread itself. That's just stupid. Can't take it down anyway... I just did it so I wouldn't have to update it, or bump it. Got mad it didn't sell, changed my mind and thought F it, I'll just keep it.

Too many new people paying to belong.
    They don't really talk about anything here...
    They don't care to treat it like a forum...
    They just look at this place like a cheap on-line state-wide yard sale for guns.

Top Bottom