• ...and so much more!
  • Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Anyone own them, are they good? Ive heard good things but I don't know anyone that owns one.
    I've sold a few, and I got my hands on a lot of them at SHOT Show. They actually feel pretty well made and decent quality. I actually have a bunch of them in stock. If you want to try one out and review it, shoot me a PM and we can work out a deal for sure.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My coworker had one the other day and the edge felt pretty darn good. Fit my hand well with the G10 handle, not bulky, and had a really smooth action. So I just bought the Ortiz folder. It isn't assisted opening, but has a flipper that deploys the blade pretty fast. Sits low in the pocket the way I like. The blade steel is 9Cr18MoV, which is a mid grade steel, similar in durability and edge retention to 154cm. Overall, for a $40 knife, I'd say the value is definitely there. I plan on using it at work so we will see how it holds an edge with extended use, and how easy it is to sharpen.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    My coworker had one the other day and the edge felt pretty darn good. Fit my hand well with the G10 handle, not bulky, and had a really smooth action. So I just bought the Ortiz folder. It isn't assisted opening, but has a flipper that deploys the blade pretty fast. Sits low in the pocket the way I like. The blade steel is 9Cr18MoV, which is a mid grade steel, similar in durability and edge retention to 154cm. Overall, for a $40 knife, I'd say the value is definitely there. I plan on using it at work so we will see how it holds an edge with extended use, and how easy it is to sharpen.
    They have a TON of options too. Just about every handle and blade material combination you could think up. If anyone else wants to give them a try and write a review send me a message.

spalfano

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2023
    New Palestine
    Civivi knives are good for the price! I have a few as well as benchmade, and spyderco and they find a home in my pocket frequently. For $50-$70, they are a great production blade. Smooth action on the flip too. I’ve got my eye on a Civivi Riffle Damascus. BladeHQ has it for $65, so it’ll be an add to cart!

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I have had a Civici Asticus for a few years now. It is the 3.75" variant with D2 steel. It has held up OK. The lock up just is not as solid as it was when new and the blade has a few rust/discoloration spots on it. Personally for the money I would rather go Kershaw.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have had a Civici Asticus for a few years now. It is the 3.75" variant with D2 steel. It has held up OK. The lock up just is not as solid as it was when new and the blade has a few rust/discoloration spots on it. Personally for the money I would rather go Kershaw.
    Is yours coated or a satin blade? That sounds like the nature of D2 :dunno:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up a set of 3 Kershaws today on clearance, $15 total. Saw it and grabbed it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    UPDATE***

I've had my Civivi Ortiz for a little over 5 months now. I use it daily at work opening packages, breaking down cardboard, cutting rope and rubber tubing, etc. I think I've sharpened it maybe 4-5 times. It seems to hold an edge fairly well, and even when I did get around to sharpening it, it wasn't incredibly dull at the time. I don't abuse it, but I use it as a work knife and am not nice to it. I just sharpened it yesterday, and spent less than 5 minutes on the sharpening sticks. It is now razor sharp, and will shave hair off my arm. My only complaint is the pocket clip keeps getting loose. I have tightened the screws a couple times, and may add a touch of Locktite next time. Overall, I'm happy with my $40 purchase.

Durability - 7/10
    Edge retention - 7/10
    Sharpenability - 8/10

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Agreed, I had to use tocklite on my pocket clip screws to keep them from backing out. Mine is still bent from catching it on a seatbelt that ripped it from my pocket. Hasn't been the same since, but the knive itself I've been fairly impressed with for the price.

Top Bottom