• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    A few weeks ago I had to fly into Texas for a few days to help some family move back to Indiana. I refused to be down there for a few days loading things and not have a pocket knife. With the cost to check a bag, it was an easy choice to put that money towards a new knife and just have it mailed to a buddy who was picking me up from the airport.

I decided I wanted a few things out of the knife:

1. Higher Quality Steel. My best knife before this was a sub $50 Kershaw.
    2. Larger than a 3.25” blade. All my existing folding knives were this size of smaller.
    3. Manual Flipper. Again, all my existing knives were assisted, so I wanted a manual on quality bearings.

I decided on a Civivi Asticus. This was a knife that met all my desires and was reasonably priced. The fit and finish of this knife was excellent and lock-up was solid. After this I will definitely be considering another Civivi in the future. The knife functioned well for me while there, cutting many boxes and cutting nylon rope many times.
    I would say the only downside is not one of the knife necessarily. This is a larger folding knife and the flipper is at the far end of the knife when closed. I wear a M-L glove and find pulling the knife from my pocket is not natural the have my index finger on the flipper.

Disclaimer: I prefer to buy Made in USA things, but wanted to go out on a limb with the purchase.

Top Bottom