Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Podcast!

?

So, most Xtian podcasts are nothing more than repackaged daily radio shows of sermons cut to fit in 22 minute chunks.... and a new one each day. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm looking for something that's made for podcast format, well produced (i.e. doesn't ramble or sound crappy), and, well, interesting.

So far, I've really only found Preston Sprinkle's Theology in the Raw. Which is pretty good. I like that he's more nuanced and open, but I don't like that he's a pacifist and tends to laugh at an inappropriate and annoying way. One of his big issues is gender and sexuality (whoa - hold on, keep reading), I like that he wants to understand those stuck in the quagmire of LGBT and not condemn, but so them a better way.

One podcast he was talking about a well known Xtian writer who has openly embraced gay marriage, which brought him to a discussion of, "what is marriage?" Instead of looking at all of Paul's condemnations, which gay marriage advocates say is just against adultery and doesn't apply to monogamous couples, he focused on all the passages that define marriage and how clear the roles are and how it is to mimic Christ and the church. The direction he took was so fresh and new that I couldn't help but be taken in.

So... any podcast you like?

EDIT: Moved from the "General religion thread".

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Biblical prophecy claims the Rapture is coming April 23, numerologist says | Fox News

fin_del_mundo2.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ...and what would happen if you knew the exact date? How would you live out that time? In piety or debauchery?

One need only look to Mardi Gras for the answer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ...and what would happen if you knew the exact date? How would you live out that time? In piety or debauchery?

One need only look to Mardi Gras for the answer.

If you knew it was the actual rapture and kept on living like you're living, you'd end up where your heart desires.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Im gunnin for Dantes first circle, that's where all the people id want to meet ended up.

I can understand your thinking, but that presupposed that Dante is correct, which I am not necessarily inclined to believe that the outer circles are as light as he supposes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can understand your thinking, but that presupposed that Dante is correct, which I am not necessarily inclined to believe that the outer circles are as light as he supposes.

Separation from God (which is what you want if you don't want to spend eternity in his presence) means you will be separated from his goodness, every little thing we think of as good, and will be left to whatever is not good. I'm not sure whatever gradations of not good there may be will be not horrific.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Separation from God (which is what you want if you don't want to spend eternity in his presence) means you will be separated from his goodness, every little thing we think of as good, and will be left to whatever is not good. I'm not sure whatever gradations of not good there may be will be not horrific.

The best argument I've heard to rectify old Testament and new Testament God is that his goodness is timeless and beyond our understanding. If that's the case I'm not sure what we think are good in this moment and what he considers eternally good would necessarily line up. If that's the case either we won't find everything we think is good in heaven or our perception of good will change to match his and if the latter is the case then are we really the same person once we reach heaven?

Is the goodness of Heaven comprehensible to us?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom