• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Ah yes. Give up freedom to "feel" safe. I'm not 100% against cameras. I have a number of them on my property. I am against the government using them to keep track of what their citizens are doing.
    I was thinking the same as you, but look, you are just a citizen, nothing else, do you have something to hide? no, then why do you even bother, we are like ants, and nobody is interested in us as long as we do not starting doing some BS, other than that we can't control that, if they decide put cameras, there is nothing we will do about that

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was thinking the same as you, but look, you are just a citizen, nothing else, do you have something to hide? no, then why do you even bother, we are like ants, and nobody is interested in us as long as we do not starting doing some BS, other than that we can't control that, if they decide put cameras, there is nothing we will do about that
    Do you have something to hide..
    That is the same argument people use to get rid of the 4th amendment.
    And has been used by certain governments to exert control in the past.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Do you have something to hide..
    That is the same argument people use to get rid of the 4th amendment.
    And has been used by certain governments to exert control in the past.
    well, we are both typing these messages from phones/laptops, and its camera directly looking at our faces at this moment, at this point I simply don't believe in 4th Amendment, even mods on this website look at my searching history, like come on

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I suppose since you have nothing to hide that you would agree to have the .gov put cameras in your house too

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I suppose since you have nothing to hide that you would agree to have the .gov put cameras in your house too
    Apples and oranges.

You have zero expectation of privacy out in public. Anyone can photograph you (and your car) as you move about in public places. Not so in your home.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You have no issue with them tracking your movements? Those cameras are everywhere...
    I never said I approved of the surveillance programs. Just stating fact of expectation of privacy vs the ridiculous suggestion of cameras in the home. Thats un-serious, ridiculous talk.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Apples and oranges.

You have zero expectation of privacy out in public. Anyone can photograph you (and your car) as you move about in public places. Not so in your home.
    Camera existence and use are two different things. I do have an expectation that the government will not be watching my movements, at home or in "public". Just another thing they are doing "for our good" that can be used for nefarious means.

If you have nothing to hide, why would your house be any different? The .gov could use them to catch the thief that breaks into your house, or maybe the guy that murders you after they ban guns.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    You probably don't know anything about other countries, I would say we have least amount of cameras around, for example, read about russian/chinese tracking
    WTF? So, I'm supposed to be happy and go along because other governments are even more oppressive and intrusive?

Since other countries ban civilian gun ownership, I should be happy if they let me keep my .410 break action? That is exactly the kind of thinking that will get us right where citizens an other countries are.

BTW - I know more than a little bit about "other countries". That's why I live here!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    IDK, I've been in one of these countries last summer and my car was opened and some important staff inside was stolen, and you know what? Police actually found them and I got everything back. You know what was funny about this situation? It was 2 boys around 8-9 years. I'm serious. They had some electronic door opener and were opening old type of cars (20-25 years old) in 2 seconds. So after this situation, I actually decided not to be 100% against cameras
    ...and there's where the argument fails. In the US, LE isn't going to go get your stuff back... and they aren't going to deal effectively with the little miscreants that are stealing peoples things. Maybe... maybe... after I see them follow up on all the other crimes already caught on camera - from blatant shoplifting to murder - I'll consider whether the benefit of the cameras is worth it. Maybe.

As it is, these cameras serve only a few main purposes:
    1. Generate Revenue
    2. Collect data (that can become intelligence)
    3. Enable more control when needed

Stated another way - Pick my pocket, track what I do, and keep me from doing anything about it. Um...Just Say No.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Oohhhh... I get it now. Sorry I was slow on the uptake. You're just being witty and sarcastic, or playing the 'opposite game', huh? I was starting to think you were just some troll, trying to inflame people... but now I see that I just didn't understand you. My bag.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    WTF? So, I'm supposed to be happy and go along because other governments are even more oppressive and intrusive?

Since other countries ban civilian gun ownership, I should be happy if they let me keep my .410 break action? That is exactly the kind of thinking that will get us right where citizens an other countries are.

BTW - I know more than a little bit about "other countries". That's why I live here!
    No man, by comparing to other countries you start to appreciate things you have. I know sh1t ton of people who live here and think they know the world, no. You must live in one of them to realize how lucky you are, and that cameras in your city is just dust compared to what it can be

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Oohhhh... I get it now. Sorry I was slow on the uptake. You're just being witty and sarcastic, or playing the 'opposite game', huh? I was starting to think you were just some troll, trying to inflame people... but now I see that I just didn't understand you. My bag.
    Nah, if I wanted to troll people I would go to Twitter or Inst ahah, they are pretty sensitive there, sarcasm is the best way to deliver the message and not spend too much energy

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    No man, by comparing to other countries you start to appreciate things you have. I know sh1t ton of people who live here and think they know the world, no. You must live in one of them to realize how lucky you are, and that cameras in your city is just dust compared to what it can be
    I can agree with you, that: if you've lived elsewhere, you can appreciate what you have here; and that FAR TOO MANY here don't have a clue. It's exactly why I resist anything that threatens to f*** up what made this country great. In my opinion, government surveillance of the general citizenry is on that list... comparative dust or not.

I've also spent enough time "in the bush" to appreciate indoor plumbing. However, I'm not going to tolerate people pissing on the toilet seat just because I'm glad I have one.

Just say NO (until there's a clear and worthy reason to say otherwise)!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Soon they will want us to have trackable license plates oh wait here it comes.

$25/mo subscription fee for each vehicle/plate? Ouch, for those managing a large fleet. And what of the drivers that want alternate plates, like sports teams, schools, environment, etc. ? I'm sure there will be buyers but I think I'll pass for as long as I can.

Top Bottom