• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Curious, what if my license plate is obscured by mud\dirt, gravel, etc. making it unreadable? It would seem difficult to prove this was done purposefully or maliciously.

Mike

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why not install more cameras with good lenses in high crime area instead of doing surveillance on innocent people and their cars? What say you Hogsett?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’m from New Mexico… I’ve lived in Indiana most of my life though.
    Year’s ago I picked up a “license” plate with the NM state flag on it for my front bumper on my Jeep.
    I don’t drive reckless, don’t speed… rarely in a hurry. I’m a defensive driver… I ride my Harley year round when it’s not zero digits. Safe driver/rider!
    In the 1st month of having that NM plate on the front bumper of my Jeep…
    I was pulled over repeatedly until I finally took the plate off. It hangs on my garage wall now.
    I talked to a LEO buddy of mine and he said that South West US vehicles are targeted for drug trafficking.
    I can’t enjoy my plate because of the damned dope dealers!
    It’s called profiling

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Curious, what if my license plate is obscured by mud\dirt, gravel, etc. making it unreadable? It would seem difficult to prove this was done purposefully or maliciously.

Mike
    Funny you mention it

After watching the video of folks who obscured their plates I noticed a theme... quite a few of the folks doing do were law enforcement.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    ELIMINATE crime? How's that work? How does reading the plate ELIMINATE crime?

It doesnt. It helps catch a perp after the fact, but it doesnt ELIMINATE it.

Somebody buy those morons a dictionary.
    Im against readers for starters, the good you ask?
    Perhaps to pull over and impound vehicles with dead tags, those with no insurance, those with stolen stickers,tags or stolen vehicles.
    It just might save your family from being T boned from a pos with no license, no insurance, no known income in a hoopty.
    Its tough to sue when they own nothing.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    While i was checking Indiana road conditions to see if way I planned to go was flooded. Somehow, I got into road cameras they are all over the state and in rest areas. I do not know if all can read plates.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not surprising, law enforcement often think themselves above the law anyways so how much of a leap is it to skirting tolls?
    Well, except the video seemed to mention that people were creating the _perception_ that the vehicle was related to law enforcement, MTA, etc, without that being noted as a substantiated fact at the point where I left the video.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I drive past Yorktowns sports fields a few times a week and it has a few radars setup for speed control to slow you down. Last week someone knocked the centers out of them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While i was checking Indiana road conditions to see if way I planned to go was flooded. Somehow, I got into road cameras they are all over the state and in rest areas. I do not know if all can read plates.
    Typically a LPR and CCTV are not the same. It has to do with exposure and contrast. Especially at night, you cant get a good view of the car and driver and not have the plate washed out from the reflective coating and vice versa on a standard surveillance camera.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Other places being worse does not make what is done here OK.
    IDK, I've been in one of these countries last summer and my car was opened and some important staff inside was stolen, and you know what? Police actually found them and I got everything back. You know what was funny about this situation? It was 2 boys around 8-9 years. I'm serious. They had some electronic door opener and were opening old type of cars (20-25 years old) in 2 seconds. So after this situation, I actually decided not to be 100% against cameras

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IDK, I've been in one of these countries last summer and my car was opened and some important staff inside was stolen, and you know what? Police actually found them and I got everything back. You know what was funny about this situation? It was 2 boys around 8-9 years. I'm serious. They had some electronic door opener and were opening old type of cars (20-25 years old) in 2 seconds. So after this situation, I actually decided not to be 100% against cameras
    Ah yes. Give up freedom to "feel" safe. I'm not 100% against cameras. I have a number of them on my property. I am against the government using them to keep track of what their citizens are doing.

Top Bottom