• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I met the mouse when I was having some trouble with my truck. He came by my place to offer a hand. His news wasn't good, which is what I expected. We chatted for a bit, things grew from there. He helped organize many shoots and introduced many new friends, who were like-minded and had a spirit of helping others. :shady:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had met CM a few times early in my INGO days. I think the first time was at the 1500. This was not long after Sandy Hook so to say the place was packed was an understatement. We exchanged greetings but he was busy with people stacked up three deep at the booth so the conversation was short. Working at the 1500 with him was where I got to really know him.

Tradition means a lot to me. Our routine on Friday would become a tradition in my book. Our breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway. CB's has been in other locations, the Mouse had known it in all the different places and knew all of the staff there.

Tradition meant something to CM too. He'd talk about how years ago you'd walk in and see AJ Foyt having breakfast with Mario Andretti. Those days are long gone and he'd talk about the changes to Indy Car and how it affected the locals. CM missed the old days, and what was tradition.

One morning at Charlie Brown's we had just finished eating and my phone rang. It was my wife, she was having trouble with the "IF" function in Microsoft Excel. CM's areas were: hot rods, race cars, motorcycles, HVAC, 1911s, ARs, the terrorists, and absolutely nothing computer-related except for INGO.

At some point while I'm talking my wife through this (easier when actually looking at the spreadsheet, I was not) I realized CM wasn't sitting there anymore. When I was done he was by the cash register and had picked up the tab for both of us. I started laughing and said, "I think I'm onto something. Have someone call and talk about Excel when it's time to pay the bill!"

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I met churchmouse after chatting with him on the forum about 1911's. Was invited over to his compound to have trigger work done on my Springer Loaded. Sat out in his shop with him for an hour or two talking, then sat at the kitchen table and chatted with him for hours again when I went to pick the gun up after he worked on it. Not long after he invited me out to MCF&G with a group of hooligans that I'm still shooting with, all thanks to his kindness.

I can remember many times chatting with him at that kitchen table, or over at UJ's over a cheeseburger, or at the range shooting and seeing that huge smile on his face when he was shooting a gun he loved. That's the way I'll always remember him.
    Awww that magical kitchen table. It had the power to start some brilliant conversations. I rode the bike down to pick up a 1911 he was selling. We sat around that table for hours talking about nothing in particular and everything in general. When you walked into his house it felt like a hug.... (Sigh)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Awww that magical kitchen table. It had the power to start some brilliant conversations. I rode the bike down to pick up a 1911 he was selling. We sat around that table for hours talking about nothing in particular and everything in general. When you walked into his house it felt like a hug.... (Sigh)
    I've spent time at that table too. Time would stand still.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I met Tim at his compound years ago. I can't remember the reason but I do remember the kitchen table where he preceded to preach the 1911 sermon to me. Also, had the opportunity to meet his wife and "the terrorists" (lol). Never had the opportunity to break bread with man but I am sure that would have been an experience I would never forget. Rest easy, Tim.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I had met CM a few times early in my INGO days. I think the first time was at the 1500. This was not long after Sandy Hook so to say the place was packed was an understatement. We exchanged greetings but he was busy with people stacked up three deep at the booth so the conversation was short. Working at the 1500 with him was where I got to really know him.

Tradition means a lot to me. Our routine on Friday would become a tradition in my book. Our breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway. CB's has been in other locations, the Mouse had known it in all the different places and knew all of the staff there.

Tradition meant something to CM too. He'd talk about how years ago you'd walk in and see AJ Foyt having breakfast with Mario Andretti. Those days are long gone and he'd talk about the changes to Indy Car and how it affected the locals. CM missed the old days, and what was tradition.

One morning at Charlie Brown's we had just finished eating and my phone rang. It was my wife, she was having trouble with the "IF" function in Microsoft Excel. CM's areas were: hot rods, race cars, motorcycles, HVAC, 1911s, ARs, the terrorists, and absolutely nothing computer-related except for INGO.

At some point while I'm talking my wife through this (easier when actually looking at the spreadsheet, I was not) I realized CM wasn't sitting there anymore. When I was done he was by the cash register and had picked up the tab for both of us. I started laughing and said, "I think I'm onto something. Have someone call and talk about Excel when it's time to pay the bill!"
    March 2017 at the Gun Show.
    2017-03-17 Gun Show_Churchmouse_KellyinAvon_Gov Holcombs wife_cropped.png

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tim was a collaborator in the Mauser Carbine Project. Ran the idea by him and he got me connected with Allen M. who made the parts from my folded paper models into real components. I just wish he had lasted longer to get a chance to shoot it.

mcarbine2.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've always felt that EVERYONE has a story. Churchmouse had a way of putting that ideology into words.
    More importantly, using cheeseburgers as his vice.
    I've met many mentors throughout my existence. Tim was yet another that I fail to emulate.
    I can only hope that I could make such an impact on the younger generation.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I met Tim and his wife over a year ago, at his place, to buy something from his back yard. We talked briefly of his condition, and mine as well. I really didn't know at the time that he was held in such high regard. Can someone on here give a few paragraphs of the (-) between Birth-2022? Or has someone already written that in an Obituary I can read?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The first time I met Tim was at a pistol course at MCFG. He came strolling in bigger than life and had this nice big bag full of preloaded mags ready to go.

Within two minutes of meeting the guy, I learned something: load mags before you come to the range!

I think we kinda became fast friends since I was shooting a 1911 that day(only person other than CM). It was later that he discovered it was a 1911 in 9 mm! I think he liked me a little less after that. He sure did like razzing me about it.

Then we meet up again at a gun cleaning at allenm's. Fun day meeting people. He checked out my 1911 and joked about the slide rattle. I remember that when I pick that pistol up and give it a shake like he did.

When I was trying to figure out what to do with my heat loss in my house, he was on the phone with me helping me with suggestions.

The last time we visited, I stopped in and gave him some miscellaneous 1911 parts. We sat at his table and talked for awhile.

Nothing epic in my story, but there you go.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Tim was a great all round guy. I met him when he came to work for my employer as a service tech. He was truly a wealth of knowledge. I’ve tried to tell the young guys to listen to guys like Tim. They have seen things and been places most can’t even imagine. We hit it off when the subject of guns and range time came up. He brought me a list of guns he was looking to sell to make room in the safe and I did my best to help him sell them off. Bought one or two myself since they were priced CM fashion…. Extremely fair for both buyer and seller. We always has a friendly conversation in the office whenever we would cross paths. One day I was in my computer and told him to come check something out…. And that’s how the CM era of INGO began. He dove in with both feet and I would laugh when I’d see some of the threads he would start and jump into. Typical Tim… sharing his knowledge and making friends.

I bought several of his pistols over time. Those will always have a home in my safe. Last time I went over to pick up a couple, we sat at the magical kitchen table and talked for about 2-3 hours. He asked if I would change out his AC as he was preparing the house for CKW for after he left this rock. One word… “Absolutely.”
    Tim was one of the few guys that would offer any and all the help he could and expect nothing in return. That’s the life lesson I learned from the Mouse. Always be the guy that would help a stranger and try to make their day a little better.

I’ll do what I can Tim to carry that forward.

I think we will all miss the Mouse.

GEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Where I belong
    I met Tim and his wife over a year ago, at his place, to buy something from his back yard. We talked briefly of his condition, and mine as well. I really didn't know at the time that he was held in such high regard. Can someone on here give a few paragraphs of the (-) between Birth-2022? Or has someone already written that in an Obituary I can read?

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the site here, so I hope I’m not breaking a rule by posting this.

All these posts about my brother are so heartwarming, but I can barely read any more through the tears.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Top Bottom